The wife and I with Chris (Traveling man) started out in the Bay searching for Salmon. Fish were scarce and the few that were in there were concentrated in one area that was just packed with boats. Not looking forward to fishing in that insanity we spent the morning looking for our own fish. We were not succesful in locating Salmon but we did connect with about 5 or 6 Browns and a nice steelhead. The only spoon I had in the water took these fish. An NK Diehard. After chewing up the morning into the pack we went. :@ While in there we went 2 for 3 and after seeing a few acts of inconsiderate ignorance and almost getting my wire rod taken out of the rod holder by a planer board that was a good 150 feet off the side of another boat we called it a day. The pack was running a north south troll and this boat was trolling into the pack on an east troll with the driver sitting sideward looking out at the middle of the lake. Completely oblivious to the 200 boats he was pulling into. Board missed my wire were it entered the water by about 5 ft. 1/2 dozen boats inside me with no where to turn.

Sunday we had a full boat load with Chris, Chowder (Andy) and Richard Bullen in back. Still gunshy from Sat in the pack I headed west and covered a hell of alot of water from 40 fow to 400 and we came up with a blank screen and empty box. Sorry guys.

Monday the wife and I found a few fish in 45 fow in front of the river while everyone else fished 70-90. We managed 6 Kings but really had to work for them. Biggest was between 30 and 31 lbs. Nice fish and a spectacular battle but not big enough for the board with the monsters that were on there.

Tuesday, Wed and Thur. were slow days for us with 2 or 3 fish per morning. Could have done better numbers if I wanted to target Cohos but thats not what we were there for so I stuck with my big fish program and Troll.

I heard Thursday that a wave of fish showed up to the west but they were mostly smaller fish with an occasional good one so Friday I opted to go north again.Was a good decision as the fish were there in 100 - 120 fow. They were spread out from Selkirk to the North dunes which spread the boats out nice and they were there in good numbers. We had a pretty good day taking 9 Kings and a Coho.

Our best sets for the week were white paddles with Green Crinkle flies. No Salmon taken on spoons or plugs.

An interesting observation I made on Friday afternoon.

We were on the water when that storm blew in. Went from dead calm to a NASTY 3-4 foot chop in a matter of 5 minutes or so.

Within the 1st minute of that wind kicking up we had hooked up, the boat next to us had doubled, the boat outside and in back of them hooked up, a boat in back of us hooked up and Finhooker on the Starboard side of us hooked up. That was 6 hookups that I saw in the 1st minute of that blow. Pretty cool to say the least.

If I had a crew on board I would have loved to stay out and hammer on them but with just the wife and myself it was just to dam much in that wind.

They are there now so go get um.

Remain conscious of other boats in the pack!

Good fishing

Glen

Nice job Glen....great report :yes: Yeah, that fishing in the pack was no fun! I don't fish the fall LOC most years cause I hate all the ignorance that goes on. This year was just too hard to pass up ;) I saw ya out there a few times but not sure what channel you were on? We did the same thing as you though by passing on the numbers and going for the size....good times ! :yes: We searched for fish outside of the pack, but couldn't locate any, so we fished with the rest of the nuts!

the zoo is always fun. i try to stay inside or outside of most of them.wish the lake ould lay down to fours today,i'd go in a minute.promised to attend the fair mon. ;( but i do have some vacation days left for w-t-f-s-s to increase my carbon footprint. :D

that friday night before the storm hit bottom-feeder and was crushin the kings in between the dunes in 100ft of water....in a hr and half we were 7 for 11....ended or trip with a triple...then got off the lake before the storm hit....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

We stay outside of the pack !!! It was a slow two weeks for us. we took some nice fish just under what we needed to get on the board each day :P Friday the 4th we went 12 for 15 just out side. The biggest was a 32# . That front sure came in quick. Heard the rescue calls from the Canadians up in Quintie. and were wondering what that was about. Got back to Selkirk shores and the camper just as the wind started. Green dot e-chip with ultra greenglow or LOC atommic flies were the ticket .. Hope to get back up next weekend . This Hydro thearpy is just the ticket for my new knee!!! :clap::yes:

Oh yeah we lost the derby winner just before we quit for the day. It sure felt like the biggest fish we had on that day!!!

Made a mountain dew double glow e-chip with green five of diamonds tape, that went away hooked to a coho. Just wondering if it turns up.

Nice report! I have fished the zoo for 10 years from Sandy pond to Catfish Creek. This summer I fell in Love with FairHaven and though we didn't get the volume of big fish, it was so enjoyable. We also didn't fish 12-14hrs a day,but were going out the chute at 5:30 every morn. I plan to hit the bay in 2 weeks. Thanks for the report!

Yup the combat fishing sucks allright. We can usually find our own fish and enjoy the day. Believe me I don't mind looking.

That wasn't the case last week and I spent a lot of hours over barren water looking.

Up until Friday those fish were very concentrated and there weren't many outside the pack.

Glen

It was good fishing with you glen. I still can't believe that @&%!% jerk had his boards out that far cutting across the pack. I wasn't going to let that board take your wire rod. There must have been 300 boats fishing a 1 mile area. The reason we got skunked sunday is because kelly wasn't on board.

I think we are coming up sunday if the winds are ok.