2011 Cannon Downriggers

Billy V

I was just told yesterday that Cannon has now updated their website to include information about their entire 2011 lineup of riggers and wanted to point those of you who are interested in them there for the official word from Cannon. The first pallet of new riggers came off the production line last week and they should begin showing up in stores very soon.

You can find information about the Electric Riggers here: http://store.cannondownriggers.com/cate ... ownriggers, and information about the Tournament Series riggers here: http://store.cannondownriggers.com/cate ... ownriggers

• 4 weeks later...

The stock holders on the new riggers have dual axis adjustment and are a composite material that proved to be very rugged during our testing of them last summer. They're a big improvement over the previous rod holder tubes. :yes::yes:

they are the cannon 3 position rod holders that came in the boxes with my Mag 20's in addition to the rod holder tubes .....they fit right onto where the rod tube fits without having to use the plastic toothed spacer with the tube holder ......follow me ?....I will post a better picture in the morning

Plastic just does not cut it!!!!!!

Pound for pound many plastics are stronger than steel.

More wear resistant, non corrosive, lighter and cheaper to manufacture thus holding down purchase prices.

Enter the 21st centurey Iceman.

Glen

The composite material used in the new Cannon rod holders is 40% stronger than the previous material. I've never had one of the old Cannon rod holders fail, so I'd be willing to bet that these new holders will hold up just fine. Our summer-long test of them proved to me that they're plenty strong enough for their intended use. And if you need metal rod holders, the Cannon Dual Axis Downrigger mounted rod holders are hands down the best I've ever used: t400_1025756cacf888e81b587fbf82b38355.jpg

Polar Bear, I don't know if the holders that you have can be retro-fit to the new riggers (my guess is that they can't but I'll still check for you), but in all honesty, the new holders are such a huge improvement that I can't see why you wouldn't just use what the new riggers come with.

Glen:

I can see that you got a good dose of the Koolaid! You get what you pay for!

If you really believed that BS Ice you should insist on Titanium.

A far superior material than what you are using now.

Send me a deposit and I'll quote you a set.

Fully machined, Titanium rod holders.

You WILL be very happy with them.

Started running plastic rod holders on my riggers in 1994. No issues to date. ;)

Glen