SCOTTY's new High Performance downriggers

Good news, Scotty manufacturing is pleased to launch it's new HP series of downriggers. They will be shipping in December.

I had the pleasure of field testing these the last 2 months of the season. Only minor bugs were discovered. They have been rectified and are now ready for World-wide launch. The 3 biggest features that appeal to me are MUCH faster, HUGE digital display/ counter that is lighted, improved rod holder design. Other features the company is touting: Kevlar drive belt, same material used in high-end vehicle drive belts, sealed/lighted counters w/ 5yr battery, marinco corrosion resistant plugs, and World-class weight retrieval speeds: 20lb ball-- 260'/min, 15lb ball--295'/min, 12lb ball--304'/min, 10lb ball--312'/min. The riggers come with a limited lifetime warranty for original purchaser. More info and details [email protected]

http://www.scotty.com/

Big digie display ,,,,,,,dont they make bifocals polorized,,? 8) I know some of the challanges ill be facing when i get old...gonna get me one of does hobby magnifing glass lights for each rigger and a electric drill fer the reels..and a 10 mile extension cord.....................crap we gotta go back to the dock forgot to plug in the cord...Im gonna rig up a sail boat with 5 furnace blowers ,I'll be thefastest boat out there..

Thanks for the post. I really hope they are going to offer the new rod holders as accessories? I would upgrade my duals today! Any word on that? Thanks, Tank

Good news, Scotty manufacturing is pleased to launch it's new HP series of downriggers. They will be shipping in December.

I had the pleasure of field testing these the last 2 months of the season. Only minor bugs were discovered. They have been rectified and are now ready for World-wide launch. The 3 biggest features that appeal to me are MUCH faster, HUGE digital display/ counter that is lighted, improved rod holder design. Other features the company is touting: Kevlar drive belt, same material used in high-end vehicle drive belts, sealed/lighted counters w/ 5yr battery, marinco corrosion resistant plugs, and World-class weight retrieval speeds: 20lb ball-- 260'/min, 15lb ball--295'/min, 12lb ball--304'/min, 10lb ball--312'/min. The riggers come with a limited lifetime warranty for original purchaser. More info and details [email protected]

http://www.scotty.com/

Vince, are they a smaller profile than the original design?

tony

Tony, yes they are. I never thought the original design was a problem, the "clean" cover is flat, with no protrusions to catch anything. The new design is even less obtrusive. Think about it, out in B.C. where they were designed, they fish for Salmon in harsh, saltwater environments. Any model they make is proven,proven,proven.