Cannon Mag 15 downriggers.

rolmops

So I couldn't wait till next year and in an early attack of cabin fever I bid on and won a pair of Cannon Mag15 downriggers. They come without the swivel bases.

I understand that the swivel bases are universal,at least for cannon,but then again,it seems that the mounting bases are sometimes different.I read about low and high and before buying these parts I would really like to know exactly what mounting base goes with the Mag15.

Thank you for your advice and opinions,

Cornelis.

You might want to consider putting a set of tracks on b4 you start drilling holes for these new to you riggers.Although it probably just seems like more $ down the drain I really think you will be thankful that you did it a little farther down the road b/c they make changing configurations so much easier. Also, the aftermarket swivels from Traxtech, Berts,etc are easier to use and heavier duty than the Cannon swivels. Just my 2 cents! -Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Tracks are great, just make sure that they're long enough to accommodate all of your "future" expansions. We recently upgraded to 4' sections on each side and Pursuit swivel bases. Nice!

i have the mag 15 also with 5ft booms and i use the bases and swivel mounts decribed by PolarBear but find that the lexicon base on the swivel base keeps cracking atthe bolt holes so you might want to look for the older model metal swivel base they are much better and will not crack