Getting down to the wire!

ray koziatek

Well after a free haircut to a nice deer last weekend,busy with work and the season getting near the end I had to settle for this one ..not a bad deer by any means but if you saw what these eyes saw this season (mine) ,and some very makeable shots missed ya might say "settled for" too. Heres the kicker i didnt drag him 50 yds and .....yup one of the big boys walked right by at 90 yds just to rub it in stood there and gave me all the time in the world to send him some lead....Well i didnt tell him i just finished a big job and can come out and play monday with the muzzy so after he continued to walk and feed i started draging again.....less than 100 yds more draging and no bull here comes a nontypical smasher.. :@ straight at me just then the deer i was draging started sliding and snaped a few dead branches and see ya..the cold weather has em eating and moving real good when the temps warm up a tad....like TODAY....also had a nice little 6 pt run up first thing and start feeding at 40 yds over all its been fun and its nice to know some nice deer await my arrival monday :lol:

DSCN0721.jpg

DSCN0720.jpg

You know what I say Ray, :lol: keep trying!!!!!!. Those big guys will be a lot more fun with the smoke poles. Hey, I just finished shoveling a foot of snow off my roof, you telling me there's no snow down there?????. :o. Hey nice buck, hope the weather don't screw things up for you next week,it don't look good up this way. 8) .

Doesn't look like you'll be eating "Deer Hair Stew" now.

Good going!!

Now break out the muzzlestuffer.

We saw 'em hammering the beechnuts last night, out here. Too far, and too late to get close enough, before shooting hrs end.

Might have to cheat outta' work, say Wednesday afternoon, when it steps back into the deep freeze again, and see if they are still in there.

Again, nice deer!!