Barcelona/Dunkirk...

Shorthanded

The NE winds have really screwed things up. Very few walleyes were caught yesterday with an 11 pounder taken off the Cattaraugus Creek. The channel 68 reports that one boat caught five, that is the best I heard.

I am going out shortly and my game plan will be to use jet divers/planer boards and fish the top of the water column. Ohio guys are doing OK with small stinger spoons, so I will try them but I believe the contest winner will come on a worm harness.

As Vice Pres. of E.L.E.C.B.A. I have talked to a good number of our charter captians this past week,it has been very slow for all! The only good reports I have heard are the Night Bite trolling #13 Rapalas in chartruse & silver at 1.7 mph, 120 back in 10 ft flow off PJ's Campground and Dunkirk side of VanBrien Point.

Capt. Larry

Jack I went Tuesday night to Erie for the first time. Fished with Captain Carl Bish (Salmo Charters out of the Oak) We or should I say "he" got 2 eyes while myself and the other guy in the boat got none :@:@:@. We fished the shoal in front of the Ford plant (I guess) just past the windmills near Hamburg beach. Talked to 2 other boats that came in 1 boat had caught 7 and the other one 5 but only 3 were keepers. Just my input from a absolute rookie :(

Good luck if u get up there, I will certainly try it again sometime :clap:

Yesterday I picked up a 10.38, 29 3/4 inch walleye off Evangola after three days of of drowning worms. Blue and silver hatchet blade on three colors of leadcore on an inline planer, 53 foot of water. The NE winds and cold spring have conditions about two weeks late this year. After the sun gets up high, things got even slower.

I will tell ya there it is not for the lack of folks trying. Didnt fish, but got some dinner at Hoaks in Hamburg, than stopped at Dock of the Bay for some cold ones. (I have a soft spot for those 3 Olives Vodka girls... :rofl: ) Anyaway, counted a dozen boats working the area in front of the windmills, a couple of boats in front of woodlawn, and about 5 in front of hamburg beach. All trolling and doing the nite bite thing. So, plenty of lines in the water.

Buffalo news had a good fishing report on Wednesday.

Tom, thanks bud...call me when you want to get out i am docking my boat in Buffalo this year.

Nice fish Jim! have to put the work in.

Mark thanks.

I am thinking it best to just fish out of my home port - Buffalo SBH - until the travelers arrive down there.

• 3 weeks later...

We took a quick launch out of hanover (sunset) this morning. Winds were ok early, then started to build nicely. We drowned from worms for a few hours mainly working the 50 to 55 foot range. We got skinned a couple of times, but no fish to show for it. Did mark fish from 25 to 35 down in some spots, with others right at the 45 to 50 foot range.

fish seem to be scattered-we had success on the 4th in 85 feet of water-most of our fish coming straight out of dunkirk to west about in the area of Shorewood Country Club. There was a pack of boats off the breaks in the Van Buren point area with limited success.