Cayuga 06/26/11

Fished the FLTA Tournament today on Cayuga out of Dean’s cove. We ran South and set up for a North troll and as soon as the lines hit the water it was game on. We had are 5 fish limit by 7am :o so all we had to do is fish for an upgrade with the hope of getting a big Laker or two. We had four or five fish on several times today, my kids and my dad (driver) :lol: got a work out. Jason and I just kept setting rods and they reeled them in as fast as we could get them out. At one point Jason had two fish on while the rest of us were reeling, even the five year old got stuck cranking on an 8 color while her sister was bringing in a 300 copper. My dad got to bring in a good Laker on the wire diver that ended up going 13.3lbs and won lunker for the day. Jason had a net job to remember, he was sliding the net over the back of the boat when the nice salmon my daughter had on dove down under the boat, and then shot up into the air and landed in the net. I would have loved to have that one on film. Core, Copper, Wire divers out 200 and riggers from 30 to 70 all took fish. Everyone on the Lake today was hammering fish and the weights at the scales showed it; several big Lakers and Salmon were weighed in. We finished in 1st with 37.2 lbs and my girls are still talking about it. I think my daughter said it best when she said- Dad this was the perfect day :yes: .

IMG_7001.jpg

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7004.jpg

It was a perfect day on Hooked Up. Talk about a tag team in action, I don't think you could beat it. Thanks Sean and Jason for handing me all those rods. My arm is still sore. To all those drivers out there be careful when making statements like, I haven't reeled very many fish with doing all this driving..... You guys made me pay for that.. Ye Ha!! Lets do it again. Dad - Chief Driver and BIG FISH REELER...

The fishing was out of this world this morning !!!! Great job :clap: Sean, Terry and Jason and cant forget about those two daughters of yours.... There probably gonna be showing the guys how to fish in a few years :rofl::yes: ...... Awesome batch of fish... You guys are on a big fish tear ... KEEP IT UP love seeing pics of those big fish.... We had a outstanding day on the water also it was hard to stay on top of things for a bit but I'm not complaining..... :D

Mike