termination for coated downrigger line

I bought a used Moor sub troll and am using the coated cable that came with it as there are no issues with the cable. From the probe to the ball connection there isnt anything to hook up my scottys release to keep it 6" or so above the ball. What is everybody else using?

On the cable I took off of my downrigger there was a blacks release crimped and the scotty's release was hooked on the DR line inbetween Where the blacks hooked to the line .

My question would be to cut the downrigger line and install the blacks again or is there a better method to attach my scotty's.

Hope I didnt confuse anyone to much. Also if I cut the line where can I find crimps either around Elmira area or the Oak as I will be there next weekend. Is there a special tool to crimp with?

You could use the walker termination which needs no crimping. I am using them and love them. I can use them over too if I tap the top and use a thin Aluminum shim to tap it out without damaging it. Cannon also makes a termination that doesn't need crimps either.

http://www.basspro.com/Walker-trade-Downriggers-Clincher/product/10212538/-1495568

Spike

Walker clincher release works well. Drill out the rivet holding the snap swivel and add a stainless screw and lock nut. Strip off the last inch of coating and secure the bare cable under the nut. This yields a blacks style release above the probe which also allows you to remove the probe.

Do a search on Walker Clincher and you should find some pics on the forum.