Cayuga 8/16/11 Grand Slam Big Brown

Well I have not had my boat out on Cayuga since the Cayuga LOU and before that it was the Red Cross :( We launched at Treman and I tried starting my big motor but turns out one of the batteries was dead :lol:, but I had a enough juice to start the kicker and off we went. It was just Steve and I so I ran a 4 rod spread. 2 dipsy and 2 riggers. I decided to use all small Stinger spoons. Huckleberry being the one who took the big brown on the slider well out of Temp. We stayed shallow. First we were picking small LL's and LT but as soon as we found the Browns it was mayam after that. Just typical brown trout fishing. 1 rod goes then a few more pop after that. Anyways a rigger popped and steve grabbed that rod then a dipsy fires I get it and as I get that one the other dipsy fires. :o:o Steves yells to me this is a good one ;) I get mine next to the boat and its maybe 3lbs and go try and get the other one but Steve said get the net panicing. So I grabbed the net and I was :$ . We got it in the net and Steve said "I mounting his FAT A*S ON THE WALL." This is a first :o

We kept circling the the area and we kept boating 5 to 9lb browns. It was just amazing that we kept pulling them in like that. This might have been are best trip on Cayuga this year. We were on the water for a little over 5hrs and we boated we think 19 for 26. We could not write them down fast enought. Most of the ones we lost were good size at the back of the boat. We did manage a small bow. It hit a slider on the rigger which also had a small LT :o So we got are first Grand Slam :yes: Everything was released except the big brown and 1 small brown for the Grill.

12lbs 5oz a little over 29in. Just real awesome color to this guy.

Big_Brown.jpg

Double.jpg

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to go out again for them. I ran 1.8 to 2.2 down speed mostly and it did not seem to matter what speed we went. They were just hungry. Temp was 55 down 70ft on the Southend. Weeds were ok but we did find a few massive clumps that snuck up on us. There were some fleas but not enough to effect anything.

I need to get autopilot next ;)