One Day Tournament at the Oak---Results

We had 26 teams competing in this event that was open to ANY Port. Six places were paid a total of $2600 .

Congrats to Fred Lockwood and the Yankee pride (Olcott) team for posting their awesome 3 fish catch that weighed more than 79 pounds. Second went Maverick (Oak Orchard), third to Free Spirit (Oak Orchard), fourth to Hotline (Olcott), fifth to Yankee Troller (Oak orchard) and sixth to Hideout (Wilson?).

These one day events are great tournaments that really showcase the incredible fishing we have here on Lake Ontario and are loads of fun. We opened this tournament up to any port to and even altered the weigh in time to accommodate people from other ports. Kudos to those who entered from Olcott and Wilson but I must say that I , personally, am VERY disappointed in the lack of participation from our Orleans Co neighbors in Sandy Creek. For all the flack we have received in the past from you guys about not including you in our tournments it's pretty sad that only ONE Sandy Creek team had the kohunas to enter. Thanks anyway to the team that did enter.

We are planning on making this a yearly event so mark your calendars. Also dont forget the Johhny V Memorial tournament the Sunday before Labor Day and the famous One Man Fish Bowl on the Tuesday after Labor Day.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Now paul, should i change the boat name to ( kohunas ) lmao i talked with a few sandy guys that i thought would have been in and two were booked with charter's and the 3rd did'nt know it was opened up to any port , anyways great move by opening it up to other ports i"m sure it will keep growing and you gave the people what they wanted now i'm just wishing i fished from the oak there was some real nice boxes of fish cought out there, hats off to them guys ! any chance you could post the complete results ? thx agian for a fun tourament. Capt jonathan. Ross

Thanks for reminding me there were two

Sandy

Creek boats entered not one......Motoman --Tomahawk and Gambler--Escape----Aka "Kohunas I and Ii"

I'm not sure I can post all the results but the top 6 weights were:

Yankee Pride.....79.48

Maverick...........63.84

Free Spirit.........63.01

Hotline...............62.63

Yankee Troller.....61.4

Hideout...............59.1

Gambler......your Escape team weighed 56.53 and you finished 9th.

Motoman......your Tomahawk team weighed 34.06 and finished 13th.

Again,'good job to everyone and a special word of thanks to Mike Waterhouse of the Orleans Co. Tourism Office for putting this event together for us. Let's try to make the next two even better.

See everyone for the Johnny V Memorial and the One Man!

Very classy post. I'm sure the other organizers like how you are deciding to grow your tourny. Gotta go now, I need to go check and see if my frank and beans are still there.

Btw: I know of a third boat that fished it and maybe as time goes on we'll find others.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Not trying to start a war or anything but...it's funny how, when the Oak tournament was closed to the Sandy guys, the Sandy guys started their own tournament, and now that the Oak tournament is open to any port, the Sandy guys don't want in. Could be that lots of guys from Sandy just didn't realize that the organizers had backpedaled and that they were welcome this year. Could be that most of the small boats have already spent their "tournament $$$" this year fishing the Shootout. Or there could be some lingering bad feelings...which calling guys out isn't going to help. The reference to kahunas is personally offensive to me because it hits so close to home, having just visited "Dr. Snip" :D Thank God the lake was flat this weekend ;)

Seriously though, I applaud anyone who organizes one of these small tournaments. And whatever rules the organizers want to implement, that's the rules that the participants have to play by. There's enough of these things now that we all have a chance to compete in one or two. Tell you what, how about we all focus on the positives, have a good time, and fish!!

Derby fishing guys and girls are a different breed. sorta like a big buck hunter...If ya know where they are your chances improve greatly..

But with that said anyone can get out there and do well even with basic knowlage of fishing. Yes the charters who follow daily patterns and conditions have a edge on us weekend trollers,or folks from different ports,but the fish dont know that. As the old saying goes "Ya Gotta Be In It To Win It"

If ya have a open weekend or day when these derbys happen Get In One !!

Ya Might Be Humbled or ya might Humble some Great fishermen...But no matter what the outcome if ya get in it to have fun You Will!!!!

It also give ya the chance to meet some of the guys "behind the post" who will share some great info..........................after the weighin :lol:

Thanks for reminding me there were two

Sandy

Creek boats entered not one......Motoman --Tomahawk and Gambler--Escape----Aka "Kohunas I and Ii"

I'm not sure I can post all the results but the top 6 weights were:

Yankee Pride.....79.48

Maverick...........63.84

Free Spirit.........63.01

Hotline...............62.63

Yankee Troller.....61.4

Hideout...............59.1

Gambler......your Escape team weighed 56.53 and you finished 9th.

Motoman......your Tomahawk team weighed 34.06 and finished 13th.

Again,'good job to everyone and a special word of thanks to Mike Waterhouse of the Orleans Co. Tourism Office for putting this event together for us. Let's try to make the next two even better.

See everyone for the Johnny V Memorial and the One Man!

YA 13th ant bad with just the one fish probley should of kept some of them 25 27lber's :talk: