FHC Pre-fishing Trip (and a little rant)...

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name: Finders Keepers

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): 8/26/11

Time on Water: 7-4

Weather/Temp: partly cloudy and warm

Wind Speed/Direction: NE 10-15

Waves: 4's subsiding

Surface Temp: 76

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 15

Total Boated: 9

Species Breakdown: Kings and Browns

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 1.9 - 3.0

Down Speed: 1.9 - 3.0

Boat Depth: 80 - 200

Lure Depth: 80 - 110

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Got out today with my brother and dad to pre-fish for the FHC. Got to the ramp early, but dad didn't like the rough seas, so we hunkered down at the launch until 6:30 before finally venturing out. The first half of the day was a slow pick with several nice 6-9 lb browns and a 10 lb king. The second half of the day was much better once we found the fish and it was GAME ON!! However, while I don't like bad-mouthing other anglers, there's no excuse for a particular charter coming within spitting distance of us while over 100 fow with our riggers were set 90 and 95 ft down, 2 wires out 500 and 450 on a 3 setting (around 90 ft down) and the other two wires with matures screraming out lines!! :devil: And the captain had the nerve to yell at us to raise our riggers and swing in shallow so he could keep the same line (oh yeah, he was on the outside of us with no one else around). Let's just say that we were in "hot persuit" of the kings at the time... :$ One of the kings got off after wrapping into the other wire with the 2nd king, then after clearing that mess and just as the king was coming into our spread behind the boat, another wire took off screaming and with our buddy still close by, we boated both kings (24 and 20 lbs). I hope his customers had a nice look at our triple play and what big kings look like (they only picked up a small skip through the same pass). :lol:

I'll post full details on our spread on our website reports page after the FHC tomorrow. Good luck to everyone fishing the tourney - I think it's going to be a kingfest tomorrow!! 8):yes::yes:

i think it come's down to the (rules of the road) and the captian of the boat probley had the right of way and you didnt relize it ! but i can"t say for sure i wasnt there and alot of people don't know that there is a right of way in meeting and cross situations ! i run into this with REC guys here and there but ill just turn away cuz i know they do not have there training of the (Rule's of the road) ILL add this ! avoid a crash at all cost there's alot of wing nuts out there ! :rofl:

Hey Motoman,

Yeah, we actually had the right of way - he was on our Port side. This guy just wanted to get in skinnier water and we just happened to be in his way (and out-fishing them 8) ). If we didn't have dual majors going (that would have been a triple if the first two didn't get wrapped), we may have been able to manouver a bit.

Tim, that is one reason i like fishing fair haven, very little boat traffic. I have never ran into that problem there. Some people just think they own the water! If i see another boat has a fish on i try to get away from them. The way i look at it we all share the water and a little give and take go along way.

hey that guy got a 40 ft boat cause if so he is noted for that, with those guys there i have no tolerence for them, its us the residence of this state that make this fisherie, not his customers, are licence fees have more impact on are hatcheries than the non-residents that buy a 3-day license for pocket change, make no mistake the restarants, gas stations, bars, and hotels make there money from there customers, but you dont see any of them (restarants, gas stations, hotels, and bars ) donating money to the dec or buying conservation stamps. obviously we were all out saturday combat fishing and you have to expect that, but there are small percentage (very small) that think they own those fish and the water, and to those game on, i got one rig this year that cut me off 4 times, 3 i was able to avoid the last i would have to go into neutral, i choose not to, and that rig became my go to rig in bright sun, ha ha ha