Canandaigua Sunday 9/11

100_2582.jpg

I will start right off saying I had a great crew today, 33canuck and Pete Collin joined me for a spectacular sunrise and a awesome fishing on Canandaigua Lake. We cruised from the south end marina to Point Rochester setting up making a pass through Wegman's cove working to Menteth Point. We circled back after passing Menteth with 9 rod spread. We ran 3 riggers, 2 wire divers, 7 colors and 10 colors on planer boards, and 300' copper. We fished for awhile before getting a program going, but I think we were also waiting for the fish to start feeding again after the full moon. Once they turned on and we were over the fish and we had nonstop action. We went 12/12 and that's not counting 2 smallmouths on our 7 colors. We released most of the fish only keeping 2 lake trout that were bleeding and one rainbow late in the day. We had a great time and I have never put so many fish in the boat. Wires with green revelators and hammer flies took shots out 165' and 210'. Also had shots on mountain dew spinnie and hammer fly at 210' and a nice bow on the white pro troll echip with mirage fly out 115' late in the day around 12:45 pm. 7 color cores with lil cleos were on fire, I even ran 3/4 oz. llil cleo on the 300' copper. We ran the blue and silver lil cleos, blue and glow lil cleos in 2/5 oz. and 3/4 oz. Even had smallmouths hit the brass lil cleo on 7 colors. Best action was over 100' - 125' from Seneca Point to just south of Black Point. Pete had a great fighting rainbow on 7 colors with and inline planer and Kurt and Pete did a great job releasing the board and Pete kept that bow buttoned all the way to the net. Pete released that beauty boat side to fight another day. Some of the fish we released went belly up but kicked down after we watched them and circled back to pick them up just in case. Again an excellent day and we had so much fun. Thanks guys for great time.

100_2581.jpg

100_2586.jpg

100_2587.jpg

100_2588.jpg

100_2583.jpg

100_2590.jpg

100_2608.jpg

100_2616.jpg

100_2605.jpg

100_2611.jpg

100_2607.jpg

100_2600.jpg

100_2598.jpg

100_2595.jpg

100_2592.jpg

100_2593.jpg

100_2594.jpg

100_2591.jpg

100_2590.jpg

100_2612.jpg

100_2614.jpg

Mike and Kurt,

Thank you again for an awesome day! These message boards are a great way to hook up with fellow Finger Lakes enthusiasts. I told Mike that it was a strange sensation finding myself on his boat using his gear after several years reading his posts and seeing his pictures. That big fat copper line reel is rather unique and I have seen many shots of people cranking in that heavy rig to land a big one. Today was my turn! I never knew that Canandaigua could yeild such wonderful rainbow trout. Between our trip and Brett's yesterday, we might have to forsake the lakers for a little while.

Mike, your photos are just as good if not better than what I took on my camera. No need for me to add more.

This is truly one of my most exciting and enjoyable days on the Finger lakes. Mike's boat is way bigger and comfier than mine - it's like fishing out of a limousine. I hope we get to form a rainbow posse again this fall!

Pete Collin

http://www.pcforestry.com