august7th2007154.jpg

Look at what I got! Went west out of port on a heading of 330 out to 420 fow fishing alone and set up two riggers 50 ft and 35 ft. All was calm for a couple of hours then the circus began and I was the main clown! First the starboard rigger fires pulling a big watermellon pirate, Grabbed it and started to throttle down for the fight when the port rigger goes off pulling a red and green pirate 55 with black ribs. thats the BIG ONE! :shock: Still trolling along to keep eveything sort of in order, reel in the small 20" king while looking hopelessly at port side reel smoking in the rod holder. Steer, grab throttle to stop grab screaming rod that has had 500ft. stripped out and start the next fight. It goes 20 minutes. Got the fish in the net once and it swam out! for another fight. finally got him in the boat. Sweating , Shaking, sat down for ten minutes to calm down. Realized WOW THIS ALL HAPPENED WITHOUT BROKEN TACKLE! The riggers still hanging in the lake. Had marked the spot on GPS and drifted 1/2 mile from the spot during all this confusion! All good though went 3 for 4 with another juvenile king and a knockoff. Fleas were a pain during the fights :evil:

Speed 2.3 Gps heading north, calm seas, water clear, surface temp 74.6

LOL. Great report Skipper19.

Been there so I can appreciate what you went through. Almost had a heart attack one spring out at the Niagara Bar. Was fishing alone in my 18 footer and did 2 doubles and 4 singles on Kings in under 3 hours. After the 8th fish I pulled the Salmon gear and set up a couple stickbaits and headed for the shipping lanes looking for some smaller, jumping fish. LOL.

Good luck.

Glen

Skipper19:

Great fish you have there...that bad bay is soooo big it's weight left net marks on the fish skin...I remember on year doing a double on BIG fall kings in front of the Genny river, 30 FOW and boats all around me. I'll tell ya what thats when I knew the auto pilot was the second best thing I ever put on the boat!!!

Mark

Yeah, the net marks came while I was still panting and sittin' there slack jawed over the whole expierence, just sat there lookin' at it wonderin' how much the taxidermy man would charge for a mount. Sure was thinkin' about the derby about 2 minutes after I got oxygen back to the brain. I wish I had the time to spend on the lake but this was only the first time since Memorial weekend I could get out. I will enjoy salmon steaks marinated with butter, garlic, parsely and chive on the barby real soon ;) tight lines to all and get out if you can, IT'S GOOD FISHIN' COMING BACK :D

Mark

Ray, most of the time I can't figure out what your talking about, and this is no exception.

"FISHTAILS WHAT THE HE** KINDA EXPENCE REPORT IS THIS ITS ABOUT SOME GUY CATCHING A SALMON ,,,,,,,,,,,,are you daydreaming again?????????????????????????next youll want my office........"

When I do figure it out, I usually laugh. Othertimes I just scratch my head :roll: Of course I'm daydreaming Ray....I'm down here in Pa slaving away 14 hrs a day so I can get back up fishing with you guys. I love reports like skipper's. It's just like reading a good book....you get pulled right into the story :D:D .

i guess i envisioned you sitting at your desk typing a expense report as your thinking of skippys fishing adventure. and the office part is like the seely matress comercial where the boss gives his employe his office (in his dream ) ya know if i gotta simplafy and explane every line i wright ill stick to the GLA site talk about some dunderheads now some of those boys been on the water way too long ,not to mention the tree huggers that lurk there i go there when i want to find out the ONLY right way to do sompthing 37 different ways ..????????????

No problem Ray.......just didn't get it & now I do, so thanks. I guess I'm a pretty far cry from the desk & expense report type. I restore antiques & furniture so I think I'm high on chemicals most of the time :lol::lol: