minimuim wieght for loc

Why is there a minimum weight? A minimum length would be more responsible since accurate scales aren't available on most boats. In Europe with too many people and not much fishing opportunity, weights have been removed from fish records and only lengths are allowed. This is to improve the large fish catching opportunity.

I bought a berkley digital scale at walmart for 19.95 and I happen to calibrate scales and other instruments for a living so I ran a cal check on this scale. I did 5,10,15,20,25,30and 35lb calibrated wieghts and this thing was never more than 1 or 2oz off at any of these readings. I was very surprised! It did go up to 50lbs put I figured 35lb was good enough seeing that I never catch a fish big enough to weigh in anyway. I bought a berkley digital scale 10 years ago and when I calibrated that thing it was off buy as much as 1lb or more any where over 15lbs so I guess they are making them better. But using any scale on a boat when the lake is rough is a hard thing to do so maybe having both a length or weight min. might not be a bad idea.

The scale I have is different every time. I just measure them and figure out approx. weight and weight then in any ways. I always have people that eat them so they do not go to waste. Over the years you should be able to guess pretty close.

I don't know about a minimum weight for eye's but they are not part of the Fall LOC. In the spring and the summer, all the eyes were over 8. I would think 8 would be the minimum for eyes.

Then why is there a 24lb 13oz salmon on the board?

duh, because fish always lose weight on the way in hehe :P

I'd be interested in this too, I didn't weigh a ~20lb fish today because I thoguht they raised it to 25lbs.

Nick