what card to buy ?

jayjay

I purchased new humminbird graph and need to get a map card Was wondering if I should get hot maps premium , hot maps platinum or Navionivs xl .I most fish Erie for walleye and perch,but really been fishing Ontario for trout and salmon..Does anyone use the options on the platinum card,satellite and,3d .Is it worth the extra $ .Any other suggestions .Any help is appreciated.....thanks in advance

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I do not know the maps that you talk about,but if any of them have the possibility of download into your computer, you will have the ability to use them for a computerized log and in addition you will be able to plan a trip at home and download it onto your chart plotter..

I have the navionics platinum and premium east cards and for all practical purposes the premium is just as good. The platinum shows mountain elevations and some picture images of certain marinas in our local area (ex. canandaigua lake). I would save the $50.

We put the platinum plus in ours. I love the aerial photos of marinas. It helped us this past year going to Bluffers Park from the Oak. We knew how to access the bay and where the marina we were going was from our GPS. I would also suggest the fishin chip as that card shows depths in smaller intervals. WE don't have this card, but Billy V does and he finds it more useful for trolling than the Platinum card.

I have both the Platinum Plus and the Fishin' Chip. The Fishin' Chip is by far my preferred chip for fishing. It shows 3' depth contours all over the lake. For navigational purposes, the Platinum Plus is a great choice.

I agree completly, The fishin' chip is a valuable tool and I would not want to fish without it :yes: I have the gold for navigation purposes.

I use a Garmin BlueChart Data Card in my Humminbird. It covers Lake Ontario to Montral (includes Lake Erie to at least Erie, Pa.). My usage is for depth and structure mainly, not so much for navigation port to port, although it could be used that way. Zoom in when you get near your destination and navigate right to the docking area. My usage is for fishing and I can zoom into an area to see detailed depths and track my location at the same time.

Just another option.