leader from Diver to paddle

I've used 50 lb big game for dipsy leaders to flashers for years, not too heavy at all, I like em as long as possible and still be able to net the fish, seem to get more hits with the longer leaders. I have my F/F diver leaders at around 10 feet and witha 9 1/2' diver rod and long handled net I haven't had any problems netting the fish.

Tim

WOW...we use 25lb test mono on our divers and I can't remember getting cracked off even when running 11" paddles with meat in the late Summer. I guess with 50 you know you wont lose your gear....lol.

However, I have been watching MI tourneys on the web and they use really really long leaders that they hand line in. I want to try this to see if it makes a difference, and I would need something larger than 25lb test.

WOW...we use 25lb test mono on our divers and I can't remember getting cracked off even when running 11" paddles with meat in the late Summer. I guess with 50 you know you wont lose your gear....lol.

However, I have been watching MI tourneys on the web and they use really really long leaders that they hand line in. I want to try this to see if it makes a difference, and I would need something larger than 25lb test.

You should fish with me sometime Rick! ;) I run long (8ft) leaders of 50# on my SD/diver rigs. Depending on how short the angler is and how far back he can get the rod I occassionally have to "leader 'em". Its a blast reaching up, grabbing the leader, and hauling a ticked off 25 pound king to the net. Its the closest you'll get to big game fish landing on this lake! :o