Species Breakdown: 3 kings, 3 lakers, 1 steelie

Hot Lure: white/green nuclear SD/green fly and green pro-e chip and blue fly

Trolling Speed: 2.3-2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 140-150foot

Lure Depth: riggers 55'&80', mag diver 200' and diver 250'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Started out in 130fow and put a 42sec spoon down 55' and before I could set the other rigger, BAM....my daughter has a small steelie on. Well that might have taken 45 seconds for that lure to get a hit, but close enough. I get both riggers set and both dipsy's and BAM......the diver pulling the nuclear SD and green hammer gets crushed and I hand the pole to my mom and what I thought was a mid teen king....turns out 30 mins later to be a 13lb laker!! Very happy mom.....and for a minute I thought we might have had a derby fish and she was not entered. It looked 15-17lbs about 50 foot behind the boat.....fat little fish! And about 10 minutes after that the deep rigger goes, pulling a green pro-e chip and blue hammer fly and my son lands a 10lb laker......so 3 fish in less than an hour and now i am up!!!!!

Mag diver goes and I am up.....and for about 30 seconds I have a fish on. Then nothing......get the diver back to the boat and all that is behind it is the snubber. Leader, SD and fly are all gone. NO swivel.....so did the swivel snap? Open up? or did i forget to latch it!?!?!?!?! UGH......hardware gone!

By this time we were making a NW troll and were out to 170 fow and I kept venturing out to 200fow. Screen was basically blank and we took no more hits. So I spun around and trolled back. As soon as I hit 146fow again we were back on the fish. The 80' rigger explodes and lines ripping....on the same green pro-e and blue fly......fish tears out maybe 250 foot of line...feels decent, but I was shocked when it got to the back of the boat in about 10-15 minutes and its a 23lb king. Great fish, but unlike so many of the other kings recently...this fish gave up much sooner.

We lost one more hit and my daughter and son both landed a pair of 10-12lb kings, and I got one more small laker, that never released the rigger line, but I saw that tap tap going and went......there is something on. It was a great afternoon to be on the water and watch my mom battle her largest trout to date. ALL in ALL....continues to be great action. Would have boated more if we stayed in the narrow band of 135-150fow.....outside of that, I think we had one hit!

back at it tomorrow!

====================

mom_13lb_laker.jpg

23lb_king.jpg

12lb_king_Josh.jpg

Great report, we also noticed a lack of energy in the kings like you mentioned. a 20 pounder never really screamed away but dug deep behind the boat and just shook. the teenagers got out maybe 250 to 300 ft and gave up, no second scream away....strange?

Mark

Thank you for the great report. I am heading out of Hughes for the evening tonight. It's first time out for salmon on the new boat. I am taking to salmon virgins out with me, so I really hope I can get on a few fish. Wish me luck. I will post the report to let you know how we did.

Tom

Nice work. Seeing a lot of reported breakoffs the last week or so - broken hooks, bit off leaders, missing swivels.

I hope that means a school of sharks is out there randomly shredding tackle and waiting for me to get back on the water 8)