Cayuga 7/25 Liveblog

Great morning out there jigging. Found fish 75-95, a little shallower on the west side. Same deal as usual, white and green and chartreuse flukes and paddletails. A lot of bait on the bottom in places. Fish wouldn't come very far off the bottom most of the time. One lamprey "released". Very calm until 10 when a light northerly came up and I had to go.

Wondered if the big blow yesterday would do anything, seemed like a decent current as I was drifting pretty quick but without wind. Lot of weeds on the east side, almost none on the west.

well it's safe to say...I didn't get much work done this morning :D:D kept checking on the live blog :D:D

after that I left work early...changed my prop and headed to the lake...got there about 5 and fished until 8

I had a box full of Hermit Jigheads and 4" paddle tails... had a lot of short strikes...and burnt through a bunch of paddle tails...my boat looks like a paddletail graveyard :rofl:

lost the first 2 good hookups...needed to get the drag set a little better, after that I landed the next 3....5 to 6 pounds

it was a great night...Hermit those jigheads work great :yes::yes: