Keuka 8/24/12

3 lake trout walk into my cooler....... :rofl:

100_6055.jpg

went 4 for 5 , on the water @ Keuka State Park 6:40AM, pulled out of the park @ 10:18AM, centered the boat in the lake, pointed the bow South, wire Dipsey Rods @ 450' & 300' back, favorite flavor was a chrome Spin Doctor w/ glow crush on both sides being chased by a Seneca Ghost fly :yes:

I was at Keuka Lake for lakers today as well.. I launched out of the town ramp at Keuka while it was still dark.. had a decent bite from about 7:30 to about 9- 9:30 or so, then it shut down...

Fished the Bluffs with various jigs... The majority of my fish were caught in about 120-130 FOW.. Lots more life there in the deeper water, than there was at 100 and under. I think I had one in about 110-100 FOW... I believe 7 made it to the boat, and dropped 3 half way up, due to my lazy ass.. Tied jigs on weeks ago, and left them on, and expected the knots to be lemony scented and fresh as a daisy... NOT!!!.

anyway, not my best day ever at Keuka, but not bad for this year.. I haven't picked my days well this season, but things went pretty well today.

Fish hit plastics and jigging spoons with plastics getting the edge..

I hated to go fishing alone. today. I much prefer to fish with someone, but like many of us I have to go when I can.

Weather was really beautiful.. I seemed to be doing better than several other boats near the bluffs... Just my day for a change... Talked to some guys trolling hard with a million lines out, and they had only 1 laker by 10:30... Fish were at various depths and weren't inactive, but not real aggressive either. Kept 2... off the water before 11... bob