Help me decide which way to run my rigger.

Chas0218

Should I run 2 rods stacked on my rigger or should I run my stacker release as a fixed cheater? I am planning on running a Spin Dr. off the ball with a fly so would a fixed cheater just get tangled constantly when it releases? OR Would I get more tangles stacking the rigger?

On a side note I have plenty of poles so using an extra pole on the rigger isn't an issue.

Thanks,

Chas

• 2 weeks later...

Tried stacking and I don't think I am going to bother. I had tangles almost every time the bottom released.I was running my lower line back 30' and the upper was 15' both spoons they were 10' apart. Do I need to run a short lead on the top and further apart?

Alright I will try shortening up the leads a little and see if that helps. I will also try spacing them apart a little more. You run the FF combo on the bottom with a spoon above or both FF stacked?

i run a cheater spoon that is about 6ft or so going through a planer board relase, and my f/f off the ball. clip it where ever you want above the ball and drop. if a fish hits the f/f you can pull the cheater right off out of you way and if the cheater hits the fish will be behind the f/f and its out the way. this gives you a pole to do something else with( more dipsy's). most of the time if im running f/f off the ball ill run a spoon behind a little pro troll about 10ft higher off the cheater. our big problem with tangles came from putting out the inside dipsy's to slow. it just takes practis but you can get it. heck ive even put a 3rd cheater on there when i get board( not recomed less you get real board) we have a 18 ft penn and run 2 coppers(off the boards) 4 dipsy's and 2 riggers if there are 3 of us all the time

hope this helps and good luck

we have a 18 ft penn and run 2 coppers(off the boards) 4 dipsy's and 2 riggers if there are 3 of us all the time

hope this helps and good luck

how do you run 4 dipseys and 2 riggers? seems like tangle central. cant even picture it

^^What he said.^^ Do you run the outside dipsys on #4 and the insides on #2? I have ran my 2 dipsys outside the riggers on #3 and 2 riggers off to the side of the boat. I would think if I put the inside dipsys on anything less they would run into my riggers. I would think your outside dipsys would be into your copper lines...