Canandaigua 9/16/2012

I had my brother in law Michael and my niece Colleen in town for the weekend so we hit the water very early Sunday morning. 33canuck and Pete Collin joined in on the fun too. We had some good bites, boated 6 fish, 3 lakers and 3 rainbows. We kept 1 bow and a 2 lakers for the smoker. Colleen had a chance to sleep in the cuddy through the morning bite, while Michael learned the ins and outs of playing a fish on the diver rods. He did drop a nice bow off the back of the boat right off the bat. He figured it out after that one. We worked the west side mostly, however we did make a troll from the LeTourneau camp to Long Point then worked south to Seneca Point. Divers were best with nulcear glow spinnie and nbk fly, 600' copper took some small lakers with a glow spinnie and seneca ghost fly. We ran 4 wires, 300' copper on board, 12 colors of lead board, 3 riggers, and 600' copper down the chute. At one point there was a strange odor on the lake, never smelled it before? I realized it was coming from the Brown How'ND near the helm! It turns out Pete Collin was eating a banana. I gave him the business about bringing bananas on my boat and asked him if he had any more? I was willing to give him smoked trout sandwiches and cookies for his banana. He seemed puzzled so I reached into his cooler and grabbed the banana and threw it overboard as far as I could throw it. Two minutes later we had a double. We had a good time, but I am still searching for the big one though.

100_4956.jpg

100_4957.jpg

100_4958.jpg

100_4961.jpg

100_4966.jpg

Colleen drives a boat for the first time!!

:yes: Nice reports guys. Mike, did Kurt bring some Venison Jerky or did he use the excuse his dog ate it! :o:lol::D

Brian you don't know Mike good enough, he won't eat no stinking Jerky he is a grey poupon kinda guy, his lunches always crack me up. He had smoke trout sammies that day and they were pretty damn good, although they smelled like banana :lol: