Spectrum boats?

floatfisher

Anyone have any info good or bad about these boats? 

I am going to go look at one this weekend.  A 1992 19 foot boat with a 115 Merc motor on it.  Not sure what else it comes with but I am really interested in it.  Sounds like a decent family boat for fishing and pleasure boating.  It has 2 downriggers already on it and I would like to use it for warm water fishing mostly with the kids as well as jigging, so I will need to get a trolling motor for the front if I get it.

Any info would be appreciated!!  Thanks.

I had a version of a Spectrum. It was actually a Fisher Marine. They bought the plans from Spectrum. Mine was a Hawk 200 (19'8")

It had a 115 merc. and went about 38 mph with a light load. I liked how it was higher in the front than most alum. boats. Did well on Lake O. Had to pick and choose what days were fish-able with it. 

I have a 16', 1994 and it has a hull identical to a 16' Starcraft of the same vintage...Good boat......I suspect they bought the raw hull from Starcraft in those days and fabricated everything inside for themselves

I have a 17' Spectrum and I like it.  With a 90hp it runs in the low 40s.  The only thing I don't like is that mine has a live well under the driver's seat (the seat is mounted to it) and it takes up too much deck space.  You can kind of see it in the picture.

photo_zpsf90138d5.jpg

I have an 89 17' 6" spectrum. love it. I don't have any issues with the boat. doesn't leak any water even being in the water for days when it comes out and pull the plug nothing comes out. By the way my bilge is on a manual switch not a float. I have mine set up just like the pic above except my  riggers are back a little more and i have berets tracks. I even have the plastic scotty mounts he has.

Thank you for all of the info guys.  Unfortunately the boat was sold on Saturday and I was going to go look at it on Sunday, damn kids keeping me too busy!!!  Well anyway if anyone knows of any boat like this that is up for sale I would be really interested in it.  I am looking for an aluminum hull fish and ski type of boat that I can use for general lake enjoyment.  Tubing , skiing, mainly fishing though!! 

Thanks again!!!