Line company putting it to us...was surprised today

Was at Wallymart today and was looking at the new Trileen XT filler packs. Wow, spools are smaller and you get less line for your money..  No more 330 yards of 10-17 lbs, they nocked um down to 300 yards. the 20 lb used to be 330 and now there's only 270 yards.  I have an old spool of 30 lb Xt in the garage and that has 330 yards marked on it.  it must be old cause last time I bought that size it was about 250 yards...I know many of us spool um at the sport shop but I like to have couple spools on board "just in case"..

sign of the times I guess

Thanks

Capt. Dave

these still are "The Good Ole Days"

www.ReelSilverCharters.com

no surprise there, but I can't help but wonder why anyone would not buy a bulk spool like a 1 or 2 lb. you get 5000 or 7000 yards and can do ALL of your 15 or 20 rigs. Wait that's me :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I was at Gander in Henrietta last week and they had a table just inside the entrance, to the left, with a pile of the big bulk filler spools of Trilene XT - heavily discounted.  Don't use it myself but might be worth a look...

I was at Gander in Henrietta last week and they had a table just inside the entrance, to the left, with a pile of the big bulk filler spools of Trilene XT - heavily discounted.  Don't use it myself but might be worth a look...

Bob, I saw ther that table there too about week ago in another part of the store.  I don't use Trilene either, but it was a good deal.

However, I won't buy another spool line at Gander after having a customer service issue there, plus getting into a bad spool of Leadcore.

I don't know why I still go there, I almost never buy anything. 

I know what you mean - I didn't buy anything the day I was looking at spoons either.  The only places I've spent money this season are LOTSA, torpedo weights from Troutman and every tackle shop I enter.  Don't tell my wife...

Its the same with everything!!  The "pound of coffee"  "half gallon of ice cream"  The price is the same and the package looks the same, but the volume of the contents is less.