Shakedown cruise on the new boat!!!  Was so excited I could hardly sleep the night before.  We got out at 6:30 and although wind from the south was whipping, inside of 15fow was easily manageable. Outside 20 fow and it was just harder to keep course correcting, but still it was not a bad day.  Except the south wind blew any colored water away.  It was clear water, 43-45 degrees from Bear Creek to Ginna.  We caught two browns. 3# and 7#..., lost one and had 2-3 more releases no one home.  Called it quits at 11am and found the engine compartment was mostly flooded!?!?!  Boot Seal? Something else?  Havent found an issue so far.  The engine ran fine, but funny how the boat doesnt plane well with that much water in the hull!  Got back to port and the electric winch failed.... so that is kind of how my day ended...but was still glad to get on the water for a few hours with a couple of great guys and fish, drink and smack talk again!  Now to find some sun and warm weather!  Geesh!!!!

Are you sure the freeze plugs had been put in prior to your maiden voyage??? I did that once will my Islander and realized the freeze plugs hadn't been put in. Just a thought.

Those are both great thoughts....I will check to make sure those plugs are in. If its not i figure I have to get it back in the water again to find where it's coming from. I decided to partially flood the hull and see if it was coming out anywhere. No go! I will check plugs later! Lets hope...

The trophy had the same prob as Kylew this summer. Launched the boat in Sodus in July and the pump kicked on about 5 mins later. $700 later Seager marine had her fixed by the end of the week. Replace all bellows if that is the prob. The expense is the labor. Have a new throttle cable put in too for preventive maintenance. Good luck! I was at Bear creek casting 1 to 2 fri afternoon, must have just missed you