I just wondered do you all run swivels on the snubber and then down at spin doctor? I.e. on both ends of the 5-6 ft line between?

Also i fish out of Olcott, ny.

I am looking for a mechanic to work on a OMC sterndrive.

If anyone can recommend one around the area..i would really appreciate it..

I will be fishing jul 13-20..then wanted to get the work done before i come back up in august

Thanks

Good luck everyone and be safe out there

I haven't used snubbers in years. 

A quality ball bearing snap swivel at the diver side of the leader and just a small duolock snap at the lure end.

As far as the Mechanic, Jim Evarts at the Boat Doctors in Olcott is very good (corner of Rte 18 and Jackson St), which is a good thing since he is also the ONLY boat mechanic in Olcott.

Tim

2nd this!!

I haven't used snubbers in years.

A quality ball bearing snap swivel at the diver side of the leader and just a small duolock snap at the lure end.

As far as the Mechanic, Jim Evarts at the Boat Doctors in Olcott is very good (corner of Rte 18 and Jackson St), which is a good thing since he is also the ONLY boat mechanic in Olcott.

Tim

Dock osch is moblie out of kendall for boat repair or you can drop it off at his house . He does excellent work and ive been using him for about 10 years. His name is Dave and his number is 585-766-2284

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I guess I do not understand the lb rating on swivels..Was in a store last night looking at eagle claw ball bearing swivels. they are numbered..1,2,3 etc..what does that mean? I did not see any lb rating on the package

I guess I do not understand the lb rating on swivels..Was in a store last night looking at eagle claw ball bearing swivels. they are numbered..1,2,3 etc..what does that mean? I did not see any lb rating on the package

That is their sizing nomenclature to differentiate among the sizes of swivels in their line. There isn't really an industry standard on sizing that translates to strength. The quality of the swivel and snap determine how strong a snapswivel is. Often a top of the line snapswivel in a smaller size will be stronger than a cheap snapswivel in a larger size.

Personally I would be hesitant to use a product where the manufacturer has made a decision not to print a rated capacity on the packaging. To me this indicates it will not compare well to other brands. Moreover, some companies make lesser and better snapswivels to sell at different price points. Some of the better brands I am familiar with are Sampo, Spro, Dreamweaver, and Torpedo.

Edited by John E Powell

John is right....stay with good swivels ...it is one of the most important items...stay away from the chaepo split ring type no matter what....the depression in them can cut your line especially with good sized fish....speaking from experience :lol: