2008 Lake Ontario Fishing Season Kickoff

Kickoff the Lake Ontario fishing season by spending Sunday February 24th learning from some of the best Captains on the lake. Formal presentations will be given by Bob Stevens (Sunrise Charters) on Spring Shoreline Brown Trout, Captain Vince Pierleoni (Thrillseeker) on Western Basin Spring Kings, Ernie Lantiegne (Fish Doctor) on Derby Winning Techniques and Frank Campbell (Niagara Region Charters) on Niagara River Steelhead. In addition, over 25 Charter Captains will be available in the Expo area to talk fishing and answer your questions. It’s also a great opportunity to get ready for the season by upgrading your Tackle and Equipment by shopping in the Expo so that you’re ready to go when the weather breaks in the Spring. See WWW.LOTSA.ORG for all of the details.

Tim, this looks like a great idea and I will hopefully be bringing a carload of guys from Rochester. Great cause, good way to get together and meet some other fisherman and a nice opportunity to learn something. Best of luck with the event!

Sounds like a great event. Can't wait!!! Put up a couple flyers at work - hope you have a good turn out. Do you need any flyers put up anywhere?

Shawn

Sure, anywhere you want to put them up would be great. THat's kind of the idea of having the downloadable flier up on the site.

Thanks,

Tim

For only$10 to join a club which promotes Lake Ontario's Salmon and Trout Fishery, it is well worth it since it also funds the Olcott pen rearing. I have personally helped for the last 2 years at the Oak's pen rearing, from putting the pens together , to getting local media there to further promote our cause. With the problems with the hatchery at the Salmon river not getting enough eggs, and with fisherman standing up and helping the DEC this past fall, I hope each port can continue to raise close to the same amount of Salmon and Steelhead, in their respective amounts which we were alotted in the past. Were it not for fisherman helping out the DEC this year who knows what would become of the 07-08 year class of newly born (hatchery raised) Salmon and Trout. Let's just hope we can continue these great efforts to help our fishery in the future. Thank's-Mick

Further update,

- Food will be available at the Expo (good thing :D )

- Door Prizes from NK, Dreamweaver, Yeck, A-Tom-Mik, Walker and Slide Diver (Each will have a dedicated hour where 4 entrance tickets will be drawn during that hour for the prizes)

- The new products from Dreamweaver that have been put on other threads will be on display and available for sale at the Expo.

I'm sure there will be more to come. Stay tuned.

Tim

Tim I do hope to be there. Your club does a lot of good things for our fishery, and it would be a great start to a good fishing year. This is the first year I have been a member (but I usually work Thursday Nights unfortunately). -Mick

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.lotsa.org/2008%20EXPO.htm

click on the EXPO PARTICIPANTS tab at the bottom of the page and you can see a couple different lists sorted by Charter Captain or by Manufacturer/Rep/Business etc and their assigned table number.

you can also open an expo layout showing the table configuration and where each of the participants has been placed.

Tim

thanks ,man i hope that layout ant to scale or it gonna be a tad tight in there ......please everyone no chili the night before and take a shower before going.........hmmmmmmmm hold the chile thought could be a way to have a whole table to yourself,along with a little skunk in heat cologne you could move quite freely throughout. :|

Will there be another event like this later in the spring? Reason is I'm fishing the Silver Lake ice fishing tourny that sunday trying to qualify for the 2008 NAIFC. I have so much to learn about chasing the Trout and Salmon but won't be able to make this one.

Thanks for any info.

Steve

Ray,

actually I'm looking forward to the Trap. The last couple I could not participate in because of "Sandbox deployments" and this year I will be afforded the opportunity to fish it. I hope the ice up there survives this warm up so I can at least get a little prefishing in as I've never fished this lake before and heard she has a habit of keeping her fish safe! I don't mind a challenge but sure do dislike looking like an Idiot...LOL

Thanks,

Steve

Ray,

I don't mind a challenge but sure do dislike looking like an Idiot...LOL

Thanks,

Steve

you could pick me up on the way and if you forgot your boat we could hook mine up and fish outa my tub

Well then you can forget about that idea. :lol::lol::lol: Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk