Seneca 7/11 and new Flea Line

Hi Folks, Back on Seneca after a trip to Ontario this last Tuesday. It was great up North no weeds lots of hungry fish and lots of room. Seneca was one weedy mess today and the fleas were awful. We still managed to limit out on Lakers and a Bow but it was tough going, only could run 4 rods two divers and two riggers with the weeds. Today was the final test for the new flea line from Blood Run Tackle. Gregg from Blood Run set me up with some back in March to test for the season. I filled all 6 of my rigger rods with blood run flea line and Jason and I have been running it since March. Today my wire dipsy rods were loaded with fleas, but the blood run flea line never picked up a flea. The stuff is super smooth and doesn't look like crap in the water like flea flicker, and won't twist. It's nice to have a line you can run all year and don't need to swap out. Since we dropped the flea flicker, and the heavy Andy our catch rates have increased with the Blood Run. It took me awhile to post on it but we wanted to make sure we got to test the line with the Finger Lakes fleas, which seem to be much worse than the Lake O fleas. I know I'm sold on it so far. Sean

Good news Sean I've been waiting for this report, still a little early yet for the worst of the worst for flea's..............  when I get back up and my GOOD to go #30 Ande starts loading up I'll report back......... a few years ago that's all we needed but like you said these Seneca fleas seem to be a bit differnt than the L.O. ones................ I hope they sell it in 1 or 2 pound spools..............

Hey Sean, Saw ya come through... Man that Parker sure is a Pretty Thang....by that time the bite had dropped off ....hittin like mad at first light for an hour or so then It turned back on about 9:30. I hit that wall of weeds to.....major buzz killer!

I figured we missed the am bite. The North wind picked up and it slowed down. Those pods of weeds brought things to a stop real quick.

The new sea flee line is 30lb but the diameter is not like the bulky 20lb flea flicker.

I tried to order some of the line from Blood Run and their website isn't great....I went through the process and and it wasn't able to complete the order - kept sending me in a circle without completing....just a " heads up" for those interested.

Good news Sean, we are ordering some for the store this week hopefully. .... Now if somebody can come up with a line that didn't pick up weed pods we'd be all set .. lol

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Sean. I ordered it through Amazon. I notice it has a silicon coating and 80 % breaking strength so I hope it holds up over time but sure worth a try to have a little "peace" while fishing....the weed situation is bad enough to deal with out there.

Les

...." It took me awhile to post on it but we wanted to make sure we got to test the line with the Finger Lakes fleas, which seem to be much worse than the Lake O fleas. I know I'm sold on it so far. Sean"

Thanks Sean for the tip. Ordered some Friday from Amazon and got yesterday. Will give it try this weekend. If it works as good as you say I'll have about 2,000 yds of 20lb Flea Flicker left on a bulk spool taking up space on the shelf. :wondering:

I think I'll wait for the rest of you guys to see how it goes, didn't like that 

80 % breaking strength

sounds like Vanish........ I'll stay with Ande and go to 30# Flea Flicker that I have on spare reels that I have for when the fishhook fleas come on strong.....

I received mine (4 300 yd rolls) 30 lb. test yesterday and when I took out the first roll of it and pulled hard on a section of it I was very surprised at the amount of stretch in it for 30 lb test it almost doubled in length. The box was sitting in the sun on my front porch for a while after delivery so the heat may have been a factor but it makes me wonder what a large king at the back of a flasher/fly combo on a large dipsey might be like if the stretch is there like that....no snubber for me :lol: I only loaded up two of my reels with it until I test it out against the conventional Big Game stuff on a couple other reels. The finish on the line is very smooth though but after all my years with 12 lb test the 30 lb feels like rope :)

Les

Yup lots of big kings last week with no problem. One thing we do on both boats is all rigger rods run flouro leaders. If I'm fishing 40 ft off the ball I will have 40 ft of flouro hooked to the mono/ flea line with an Albright knot. I'll have rigger rods for all lengths. Comes in handy with blacks release that way rubber band is always above the knot. And the light flouro leader running horizontal in the water picks up no fleas no matter what size line you use. And you get more fish with the light line.