Salmon landing hook?

Adk1

I don't know what these are but see allot of pics of people holding up salmon via a hand/hook type thing? Anyone have a link to where  I can get one?

Boa grips are great for handling the fish in the boat, and some have a built-in scale to get a quick weight.

The fish holder is great for handling fish in the boat too, and is much easier for kids to hold a fish up for a picture (and you don't get your hands all slimmy).  Most tackle shops have them.

Jim

A club of some sort is a good thing if you ever keep fish for eating or tournament weigh-in. It's more humane for the eaters and prevents blood loss when every ounce counts.

Gaffs are still allowed in ice fishing though and if you've ever tried to grab a large northern though a hole you could understand why....

• 3 weeks later...

I carved a version in one of my vertical mills, of the cast aluminum ones from a left-over piece of 1/2" thick, 6061-T6 billet, complete with a lanyard.

Worlds most expensive probably. 

I could have bought several for what I have in that one.........but still catch myself doing that stuff anyway....I enjoy it.

Edited by Fish Hunter

That'll be a nice piece.

I also whipped up a couple knurled fisherman's billy clubs from 1" aluminum years ago.

Ladder stands, mobile ground blinds, archery stuff, waterfowling stuff.

Can't really afford new, so I just make it.