What pound mainline?

Currently our rods are set up for Erie trolling for walleyes. We have 20 lb braid and fish a 12 lb fluorocarbon leader. We are going to Lake O. in two weeks for kings, steel and browns, what pound mainline should we run? our flies have 50lb fluoro leaders. Is mono ok for a mainline or should we run braid?

Your 20 lb braid will be fine for riggers as most fleas will be gone by then. Add 100 feet of 20 lb mono to the end for salmon. Add a 15 lb flouro leader to the end of the mono for trout. I would be less inclined to use 20 lb braid on dipsies but, it can be done as long as you set the trip arms lightly. Lots of charters use 20 lb wire for dipsies. 

My rigger rods have 300 yards of 30 lb braid and 150 feet of 25 or 30 lb mono on the business end.

All of my gear for riggers have 30lb mainline and 18lb fluorocarbon. was planning on running both clean spoons and flasher/SD using the 18lb fluorocarbon. will this be ok or should I go straight 30lb to flasher?

Yes, if you have 30# main, connect it to the flasher without a fluorocarbon leader. Fluorocarbon is NOT needed in front of a F/F. You could probably use bailing twine and the fish will hit it. They are zeroed in on the fly flailing behind the flasher.

For the OP, if your rods are spooled with 20# braid, no need to go through the expense and effort of replacing it. It will work fine. 

Thanks guys, as you guys are well aware, flasher fly setups and dipsey rigs are too expensive to risk not having heavy enough line. Thanks again. Also the flys we have came pre rigged on 50lb test is that ok or should we switch it out for 25 or 30 lb?

Rambo, like I said, 20# is used by a good number of charters. Keep your drags as light as you can on your dipsies without it clicking out. Also slow the boat as soon as you take a dipsy hit until you have the fish under control. Your 20# will hold up.

Don't use a lighter leader on the flies. The 50# is not there because 30# won't hold. It is used because 50# fluorocarbon provides the necessary stiffness to impart a tantalizing rolling motion to the fly. Lighter, softer fly leader will be feckless. 

Rambo, like I said, 20# is used by a good number of charters. Keep your drags as light as you can on your dipsies without it clicking out. Also slow the boat as soon as you take a dipsy hit until you have the fish under control. Your 20# will hold up.

Don't use a lighter leader on the flies. The 50# is not there because 30# won't hold. It is used because 50# fluorocarbon provides the necessary stiffness to impart a tantalizing rolling motion to the fly. Lighter, softer fly leader will be feckless.

Love it when I learn a new word on my fishing forum!