Seneca 08/12/13

Did an afternoon trip today on Seneca out of Lodi State Park with some return clients from the area.  We left the dock at 2pm and ran north towards Sampson.  When we got just North of Willard the weeds cleared up so we set up over 130 fow.  Today was like catching fish in a bucket, it was catching not fishing.  We put over forty in the boat and lost more than I can mention by 6:00 pm.  It was all I could do to keep four riggers and four dipsy’s in the water.  I would let the deep dipsy’s out to 230 or 260 set the drag and bam another fish.  Same with the Riggers everything was coming from 80 to 140ft down, so we parked all the dipsy’s and riggers deep and crushed them.  We even took two good browns down 130 off the bottom.  Bows and Salmon were nonstop from 80 to 120 down and the big Lakers were on fire in the 130fow range.  We ended up having to keep 10 fish the rest we could let go at the back of the boat, if you keep them out of the net they take right off.  Bows and Salmon were crushing glow frog spoons in the 80 to 120 range, Lakers pounded the reel hooked up and Seneca ghost flies down 100 to 140. Speed at the ball had to be 2.2 .  Core and copper took a couple but the fish were deep so I pulled them and just stayed on the active fish with the riggers and dipsy’s

IMG_1384_zps40f697cd.jpg

IMG_1387_zpse4833863.jpg

IMG_1389_zpsd0010275.jpg

Hey Sean. Nice going! I thought that was you out deep from us......I think you were pulling your lines up when you passed by but out deep at Sampson heading toward  Lodi (at the end of the shift). Nice work...guess maybe we should have gone deeper for more active fish from the sound of it. I usually fish the middle heavily at this point in the year rather than shallow but figured with all the bait and fish in close I'd stay with it....all in the life of an "arm chair quarterback" I guess :)  Les

Edited by Sk8man

Way to go Sean !!! We did well up there Sunday also.... I'm thinking Ontario this weekend if the weather cooperates... Sick of looking at those pics of big kings, gotta get my hands on a few myself lol...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app