You know you are too close to another boat when?

You can clearly read registration numbers on the other boat!

You can talk to the people in the other boat!

You can see a hit on the other boats downrigger rod and are able to tell them they have a fish on!

You run over a short copper to get beside the boat!

You deploy your dipsy's into the other boats spread!

You are well within where he would normally run planer boards!

You cut between passing boats, running over a hooked fish and both of their sets!

The guy in the other boat asks if you'll net his fish!

FYI...to the guys that pulled this on me Friday....it is understandable sometimes in heavy traffic, but when there are only 2 other boats within 1/2 mile, very poor sportsmanship on your part.  Not sure why you felt the need to cut between us while running and set down on top of me, not cool with no other traffic around.

Next time you might want to circle around the boats you see hooked up, set up a couple hundred yards away and make a pass thru where they just came from, less stress for everyone involved and you might actually catch something. 

Same thing happend to me this weekend off Irondequoit Bay. Guy comes in less than 50yds on my port and sets up, then 5 min later a guy comes in within 75yds and sets up on my stern. My leadcore had to be under him. I'm putting my hands up and yelling wtf and he waved back. :shake: . Then on Sunday "The sailboat slammer" passed to my stern and almost took my leadcore with nobody around. To all these jerkoffs I give you this......... :mooning:

Welcome to staging king combat fishing.

I can understand that in combat fishing, but there were only 10-15 other boats within maybe 4 miles.  Our 2 boats were the only boats working that area for hours and this guy cut between us and set up in my spread.  No need or reason with no traffic around for miles.

Just tryin to give guys that might not know a heads up.  Some guys may have sent a flare their way.

You can see a hit on the other boats downrigger rod and are able to tell them they have a fish on!

You cut between passing boats, running over a hooked fish and both of their sets!

FYI...to the guys that pulled this on me Friday....it is understandable sometimes in heavy traffic, but when there are only 2 other boats within 1/2 mile, very poor sportsmanship on your part.  Not sure why you felt the need to cut between us while running and set down on top of me, not cool with no other traffic around.

Next time you might want to circle around the boats you see hooked up, set up a couple hundred yards away and make a pass thru where they just came from, less stress for everyone involved and you might actually catch something. 

That is why they make Flare Guns :devil:

fLARE GUNS ARE A BIT EXTREME IF YOU ASK ME. dont want to seriously kill someone..there are other options..i.e. how about a potato gun. I have one..thing is sweet. uses Aquanet hairspray. thing will launch a spud 500' no problem..

...............and you might just be too close if you can see the marks on their fishfinder...........

We try to stay clear of others and give charters plenty of room as well, but sometimes tangles do happen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...