ultimate fishing town "isn't"

hmmmm,if your "lucky" you may get a king in close,but be ready for a long day.....there not here and it could be awhile before they are in here ? there are no fish doing the looky looky thing....water is not right temp....but that doesn't matter this time of year....nothing in the river,very few boats out front for this time of year.....everybody is confused......good luck

Well as a guy that lives right on the creek.......you should know!

The oak was hot in July and August, but sure dried up just as we thought the kings would be staging.

My guess....they are all east.....Oswego to Mexico is the place to go!!

Lots of hours fished over the last 2 weeks by lots of fishermen, but not many Tar Babies!!

Well as a guy that lives right on the creek.......you should know!

The oak was hot in July and August, but sure dried up just as we thought the kings would be staging.

My guess....they are all east.....Oswego to Mexico is the place to go!!

Lots of hours fished over the last 2 weeks by lots of fishermen, but not many Tar Babies!!

Sent from my A500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you don't mind me asking how is the oak doing I fished it a couple weeks ago and saw a few fish in there but seeing how I don't live up there but love to fish the oak and have a trip coming up any info would help please and thank you

Sent from my A500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you don't mind me asking how is the oak doing I fished it a couple weeks ago and saw a few fish in there but seeing how I don't live up there but love to fish the oak and have a trip coming up any info would help please and thank you

If you didn't pick up on it from the first two posts ....... The Fishing At the Oak. SUCKS!

The fishing in the Oak has always sucked and always will . The big groups of people should make their way up to the Salmon and stay the hell away from the Oak. No fish there to catch  ;)

Like champ said if you are lucky you can get a fish or two, but those 9 fish days that we are used to this time of the year and like you are getting in Oswego, just haven't materialized at the oak this month. I am not down playing it...........the bite is off at the oak!

Like champ said if you are lucky you can get a fish or two, but those 9 fish days that we are used to this time of the year and like you are getting in Oswego, just haven't materialized at the oak this month. I am not down playing it...........the bite is off at the oak!

9 fish days in Oswego now? Where? When. That hasn't been happening for awhile now.

Edited by MikeyP

The bite slowed down fast at the oak. The Wednesday before labor day I told my clients that fishing has end at the oak. I knew when I had to travel 12 mile east of port to box out a 4 man crew, the majority of the kings are gone. Then on Thursday I picked up my 1st skunk in 15yrs. I packed up the boat and brought her home.

The bite slowed down fast at the oak. The Wednesday before labor day I told my clients that fishing has end at the oak. I knew when I had to travel 12 mile east of port to box out a 4 man crew, the majority of the kings are gone. Then on Thursday I picked up my 1st skunk in 15yrs. I packed up the boat and brought her home.

The guys had a tremendous day yesterday! FYI.

Any other details? any bone you could throw? I was about to cancel my trip from Ohio with all the dismal reports from Olcott, was planning on trolling nearshore this weekend and casting into the night. thanks

Fishing was as good today as it was yesterday according to the report I just got. It's basic stager fishing--- flashers and flies and cut bait from 40-130 fow. You could probably take a few off the wall early as well.

Good luck!

Yes it has been tough out there lately. I also came in last Saturday evening with an empty cooler. I did fish for an hour this morning solo, just to see what was going on and landed a mature on the 10 color/ nk 28 die hard spoon in 60 fow. The water was warm 68 degrees on the bottom in 60 fow, but the fish were there. I saw a few caught in close this morning also. I have only seen a few jumping in the river in the past week, but hopefully these next few cooler days/nights will get some more moving. Lets hope!!!

Funny that there isn't any reports of catching going on?

I can only say , that since labor day, there hasn't been much traffic out of Oswego, except for the local Charter boats, and a few recreational guys....I don't talk to the rec guys, i don't know what they are catching. 

But there has been a decent catch going on for some of the Charter boats. 

I guess its a matter of who posts what on the internet, and who catches what on the lake!