Rod Reel combo for wire

It all depends on what you want to spend.

If you stick with Daiwa you can get by fairly cheap with a great set-up. For rods you have 2 choices. Heartlands and the new wilderness rod. I think they run $30 and $20 respectively. AS for reels you have the sealines and the accudepth plus, and they run 100 and 40 bucks respectively. If you took the cheaper of each above you can get into a nice set up for well under 100 bucks. As for the wire there are many companies with Malin and Mason being the most popular and available. Make sure you get 1000' spool.

The drags on the Accudepth PLUS series are infinitely better than the original Accudepths. I have two of the ADP47LC's as wire reels on my boat and they're great. Definitely one of the best bargains in reels out there today in my opinion.

Gander had the ADP47LC's for $49.99. A month or so ago, I purchased one for that - they didn't have any on the shelf so I asked one of the staff about it and he took one off a combo unit they had, put it in an original box with all the paperwork and rang it up for $49.99. Good service from this person!

Shawn

A 47 will hold 1000' with no problem, with no backing. 57's no problem at all. For the wire I liked the 57 expect the drag's on the older one's. A bit bigger reel but it made up for it in spool capacity as well as the larger handle and gear ratio.

Went from the daiwa accudepth to the shimano tekota 600lc last year. it is a more expensive reel but so far I am very impressed it. Well I guess for that type of money i better be impressed. I run all Daiwa's on the downriggers but have not had good luck with the wire reels, went through 2 accudedepths in 1 year.

Went from the daiwa accudepth to the shimano tekota 600lc last year. it is a more expensive reel but so far I am very impressed it. Well I guess for that type of money i better be impressed. I run all Daiwa's on the downriggers but have not had good luck with the wire reels, went through 2 accudedepths in 1 year.

Those must have been the original accudepths, which most people will agree were pretty lame. The Accudepth Plus is a whole different animal. I have my wires on the Daiwa SG47 LC's and they are great. Last year I retired my old GL47 LC's and replaced them with 4 ADP 47 LCs for my power pro and mono divers and they have been great reels, don't really notice a difference between them and the SG's as far as how well they function.

Tim

We have a couple choices if interested, Daiwa SG47LCA or the Tekota 600 LC, both are line counters and either can be rigged with 1000' of 30# AFW stainless 7 strand wire. 10' Eagle Claw Starfire diver rod we will also add a Twilly Tip. If you desire a different pound wire or color Camo or Brite can do that too.

1) Daiwa/10' Starfire wire combo

Price: 199.99

2) Tekota/10' Starfire wire combo

Price: 269.99

• 1 month later...