campgrounds 1000islands

Might check out the park at Wellesley Island but many of the state park camping closes as of yesterday I think. I think Wellesley may stay open later great campground and used to be pretty good fishing close by but can't go too far out because it is Canadian water (the line goes fairly close to the island)...need license and they are very strict about it.

Heh Tony. There is a private RV campground on Wellesley down towards Fineview. I think it's called Sea Island Resort.  There are docks on the south shore of Wellesley. with a launch. Not sure if still open. Good luck. Kevin

Good luck with it....hope to hear you got the big one....they are real elusive critters (muskies if that is what you're after) :)

Edited by Sk8man

Was at Wellesley island this weekend lots of campers, lady at the toll said they would be doing business until end of oct. so I would say you should be safe to camp there this week for sure as long as she knew what she was talking about.They have a real nice launch and a small marina-bait store the TI bait store is not to far from there anyway. Let us know on the walleyes. Thanks and good luck.