Perch Fishing - "Buddy" Behavior" an observation

Admiral Byrd and I went perch fishing on Canandaigua yesterday afternoon as he was tangled up at home earlier in the morning (no further comment on that) :)  We finally get out there  and go from spot to spot looking for them without much success but with a lot of crabbing about everything from "we're in the wrong spots", to my anchor setup is "deficient" to "last year we were getting them near that point" (about10 miles up the lake). Finally after a whole bunch of screwing around drifting and anchoring near where I told him right from the first that the perch would be (but he didn't like the angle of the drift, speed, (and probably  the rotation rate of the Earth on its axis) we anchored up just right (from both our viewpoints) in the exact place I initially told him the perch were. We start getting into them with him getting a few before me... and then I catchup and surpass him with some of mine being bigger. He starts up complaining about everything, stumbling around the boat mumbling to himself, etc. without let up....then the tide changes....and he starts "hammering" them (after stealing my spot while I was baiting up)....then no chatter at all.... just a big "knowing" content satisfied smile..... he's all happy now....we ended up with about 45 keepers in a couple hours on the spot (all on fatheads) and threw back about twice that. My conclusion after fishing with the Admiral for over 30 years is that probably after each complaint I should have said "yes dear" ...it works with my wife :lol:  We fished until the weather totally blew up out of the north with big whitecaps and rain that felt like sleet hitting us in the face on the way back....thank God I didn't listen to him and go 12 miles or so south :)

Can you guys relate to any of this? :o

P.S. The stomach contents of the fish contained both fatheads and small crawfish (for those folks who are still fishing now)

Edited by Sk8man

Buddy hunts and fishing really provide for some interesting insights....like my taking a customer fishing many times, more to be nice and we seemed more good friends than business buddies. So we went out in a cooler, damper day in Late October for a treat in HIS BOAT for the first time. I thought, that is really nice of him.

The fishing was slow and chilly, but we had not been out long. He back trolls up to his favorite spot gets a limit, and says.......Well I got my limit, kinda cold.....WE GOTTA GO

I guess I should clarify my post though...it is totally in jest... in the way of busting his...you know whats :) ...although on second thought...he is a "rod hog" and does steal my spots if I'm not watching closely :lol: