Sons first bow hunt

Frogger

So all year my youngest has been so excited to get out with me and go deer hunting. We grabbed the blind and headed out in the rain yesterday afternoon. Oh yea, want to mention he had to bring his Nerf bow and arrow. We set up just inside a thicket adjacent to the cornfield with a good view down in the swamp. Sat about an hour or so watching chipmunks and squirrels and low and behold we have movement in the swamp. My son jumps up and does what? Grabs his nerf bow lol. Anyway with a little getting settled and with him unzipping the side so I could get a shot, I get him to stop 25yds and drill him. Cool thing was Brody had a front row seat to the show. He even was able to spot the blood while we were trailing. After a 100 yd walk we found him balled up. Thank god for a dry swamp. Got some help from my brother with a four wheeler, out he came. It was priceless after the hit to watch my sons reaction and enjoyment through the whole event. I think we have another outdoorsman signed up for the future.. post-150509-13834848535541_thumb.jpgpost-150509-13834848746971_thumb.jpg

Great job Dad. That's how it starts. He'll be hooked for life now. And you'll have a future hunting partner. My boy and I spend alot of time together in the deer woods and now I get to listen to his hunting stories. One warning though, it gets really expensive when buying two or three of everything. Lol.

Thanks for the great story and for taking JR. with, the smile on his face with him holding the buck by the horns is priceless. You nor him will ever forget that moment. I thinks taking kids hunting and fishing at a young age is the best method to get them involved with the outdoors instead of the tv or weii video games. My daughters are already asking when are we going up to the camper in the spring!! It takes a lot of patience, but when it comes to teaching them about fishing and what to do on the boat it doesn't bother me at all I'll do what ever it takes to get them on fish, just to see them smile when the fish is in the net, and the greatest part is they want to put them back. I didn't tell them that they have to put them back they want to do that on their own, which is great, I've been with others that want to keep everything, different strokes for different folks.