North end of Seneca

Some of the best fishing has been off Long Pier in "G town"  No boat necessary....sorry fellas I know I wasn't supposed to say anything :)

im looking to get into the great winter silver fishing on the lake. i know the south end is on fire this time of yr i was just of anyone trolled the north end also.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

During the winter months the landlocks and brown fishing has historically been most productive at the extreme south end although the area near Sampson can be good as well. Out in front of Dresden near the "pipes" and around the creek mouth can have some decent brown fishing as well as some nice rainbows when the water flow in the Keuka Outlet is right. On the other hand you can limit out on really big lakers and once in awhile big browns as well at the north end by either trolling with flashers and flies or cowbells and peanuts down near bottom or jigging if the wind is down. Around early March huge lakers (and Pike) come into the shallow water at the north end and you can catch them on toplines with "wobbly" lures like KOWobblers, Daredeveles as well as jointed J-9 and 11 Rapalas trolled way back behind the boat (e.g. 200-300 ft) on light line (8-12 lb test) with a couple of large split shot about3 ft from the lure. The rainbows are usually quite scarce during the winter months although once in awhile they can be found in shallow near stream mouths (Wilson, Kashong, Keuka) and the drop-off area near Roy's

Edited by Sk8man

thanks Sk8man but i already know about the big lakers and northerns that they get at north end. I have laker fished that lake for yrs with my grandfather father and brother who lives a mile from the lake now but thats all they fished for. My brother and i are trying to learn to catch the silver fish out of the lake now. We fish Ontario 90 percent of the time in the spring and summer. We are trying to get into the hot winter silver bite looks like we will fish the south end like everyone else. want to play with new bf flahsers i just recieved.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Early spring (march through early April) always had better luck on that lake running slow with the plate down. May just be my presentation but always seem to hit fish. Pick it up when water warms. Seem to hit a bigger class of fish as well. We usually pull wire as well as rigs, and boards  so the slower worked for us. Never fished winter months but assuming its the same

Hmm that is why I asked, I very rarely fish slow I tend to stay in the 2.1 to 2.5 range that's most of the year but as you say that's my style what works for one may not for others that's what makes fishing so entertaining so many ways to catch a fish not a one size fits all program I don't run rigs but I pull inline boards wire divers and riggers and normally multiples of all hahaha cove a foot ball field size area in a single pass!!!

Winter fishing in general suggests slower speeds for silvers as well as other fish. The fish's metabolism slows down in the extremely cold water. Over the years 1.9-2.3 has been the ticket for me in the winter (even in snow storms in mid Feb. :lol: ).  In the summer and Fall these same (rainbows and landlocks) fish will hit at 2.5-3.2