looking for starcraft islander or

I ran an Islander Hardtop for 20 + years, great boat especially for the money and towing ability. That boat caught hundreds of trout and salmon in Lake O. The only issue was sometimes when the wind kick-up and the bite was Hot, couldn't control the boat like a glass boat. Fished in my buddies 26 Penn Yan and noticed how he could control the boat in windy conditions when the bite was on. Wind dies out and the bite is over. Bought my Baha in fall of 2011 and love it. Of course had to buy a new Ford F350 one ton to haul it, but hey , we only live once. Bang for your buck Islander's are great. As it turned out the guy that bought my Islander (for $8500, tons of gear) had it sent to Russia, seems they have better fishing than all Great Lakes combined 

Islanders are a versatile boat for sure. :yes:

Had heard they were going to start manufacturing them again??

Sold my 1996 to Chowder .....still kicking myself in the A$$ ....but I bought a 2001 Starcraft Fishmaster ...almost the same :)  :)

Pd buoy you are spot on in you assessment, these aluminum a are affected by the wind for sure as they don't sit as deep in the water. But like you said, tow ability is great especially for us long drivers

Yeah Power dive  Looks ok from the road, The old owner didn't put many hrs on it.  Its probably a 3.7 liter 4 cyd.   There was one on Mclean road just before you get to Rt 38 last fall.  I see they moved it out behind the house now. 

Ok, My buddy wants to sell his 22ft Hardtop Islander,, He said everything goes with it except the fishing poles,  Here's his number 607-898-3083, Ask for Robin.  I think he's crazy for getting rid of it,, I own one exactly like it and wouldn't ever sell mine.

Edited by fish-on