Islander planer board setup

power dive

On my old Islander 22 ft hardtop, I had the reels mounted rear of the hardtop and three ft masts mounted via rail mount rod holders toward the bow with big jon pulleys attached to the masts. Worked great and fished that way for 20 years.

Mine are on a one ft.bigjohn mounted on the top and rocket launcher. I can stand on the dog house and reel them with no problem u can pull the line down to clip your realise with no problem good luck with your new ride

Sent from my VS870 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I will mention that the higher u get the reels the better off u will be. In high waves if the line is too low it will catch in the waves and affect how far out the board can go

I will mention that the higher u get the reels the better off u will be. In high waves if the line is too low it will catch in the waves and affect how far out the board can go

Reels should be conveniently located. Pulleys should be as high as possible. I'm sure that's what you meant Adk1.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I purchased the Charter Capt package from Great Lakes Planners and it works great. Planner reels are in an easy spot to reach and the pulleys are high enough so that even in the roughest seas the planner line is high and out of the waves.

post-139690-0-65455100-1396115685_thumb.jpg

Reels should be conveniently located. Pulleys should be as high as possible. I'm sure that's what you meant Adk1.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah that is what I guess I meant however u just gave me an idea to better my system! Man, always learning!