Seneca 5/8 - 5/12

Haven't posted in awhile.  Got up to the lake for several days and between some turkey hunting and lots of spring cleanup/projects at my cottage I managed to get out on the lake several times.  Found the warmer water on the south end and good amounts of bait and hooks on the screen.  Really targeted one area and pretty much hooked up on just about every pass.  Out solo for 3 1-2hr trips and one with the girlfriend.  Managed about a dozen fish to the net, mostly salmon between 2-4lbs with a nice chunky brown and a couple bows mixed in.  Kept a few for the grill and released the rest to grow bigger.  Caught fish from the surface down to 65 ft.  Best setup were dreamweaver spoons off the 65' rigger tight to the ball and off 4-7 colors of lead off the inline boards.  Orange and green took most fish.  The gf fought a big salmon to the back of the boat but sadly came off right as I was getting ready to scoop em up, prob 7-8 lbs.  She did a great job though and it was by no means her error, just lightly hooked and very aggressive fish.  Glad to be back out on the lake and enjoyed a great weather window.  

post-150231-0-78279800-1399943425_thumb.jpg

post-150231-0-38183400-1399943683_thumb.jpg

post-150231-0-58569300-1399943447_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrookTrout

WTG Good report and nice fish....and your girlfriend fishes with you....doesn't get much better than that! :)