erie bite out of buffalo or sturgen? results posted

bettieanne

Thanks mostlymuskie for posting pictures that is what I thought just wasn't sure on blade style. I will have to try the willow styea try we mostly use Colorado or French in silver or gold just depending on bead color and water clarity. Again Thanks. I had a guy that fishes Oneida alot tell me he uses silver hammered Colorado more rigging style than bottom bouncing.

I guess I should have went out this morning before the storms and winds increase after lunch time.My friend has 10 walleye already from 6:00 am to 7:50 am out in 50 flow off the windmills.All on worm harnesses 90 back on the #3 setting at 1.8 mph.Looks like Thursday before I can get out again.This years walleye fishing has been great so far!

I guess I should have went out this morning before the storms and winds increase after lunch time.My friend has 10 walleye already from 6:00 am to 7:50 am out in 50 flow off the windmills.All on worm harnesses 90 back on the #3 setting at 1.8 mph.Looks like Thursday before I can get out again.This years walleye fishing has been great so far!

Thanks for the reports, Keep'um coming Larry.

We did a 3 man limit by 10.30am late last week off the windmills dipseys and core.

Edited by JTRCNC

I was there. But the wind was too much to troll I was drifting. Kind of slow. Probably at 1.0 with bottom bouncers and worms. Probably too slow because all that I got was sheapheads and perch. Man them sheepshead put up a go fight. Thanks I'll be back tomorrow morning

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United. Pj100h

Larry,

On your dispies on mono or braided line? I got into one a few weeks back but my only braid reel's linecounter crapped the bed and I could not seem to get to the same spot. Got a new sealine now instead of the old crappy gander mtn reel.

Duknter8, I'm using 36 lb 7 strand braided wire with my dipsey setups.Today we went to Dunkirk straight out North to 90 ft of water.We got there late and the good early morning bite was over by the time we got all set out.We managed just 6 walleye from 50 to 60 flow over 90ft.Best bait was Natural Black & Silver Chatter Sticks at 2.2 mph, both off 2 color with 3 ounce weight out big boards and dipsey out 85 on #0 setting.

Ended with two eaters. Was slow. Thanks for the tip Muskie I didn't see it until now! Caught both off the same purple and black willow bladed harness run off a downrigger at 45-50ft down over 54ft of water. Cleaned a bunch of stick baits and harnesses. Still a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm out for muskies on the Niagara River from 8:00 pm till storms roll in early am.Maybe back out for eyes on Tuesday if winds allow!Some of the Ohio fish are now off Brocton Shoal in 70ft of water,slowly moving East!

Edited by mostlymuskies

Fished Thursday out of SP south of the fence. Landed 11... cores(3,4,5 color) and riggers with harnesses worked. Very nice quality fish..... 4 over 8 lbs, and one pushing 10.

Yesterday, fished on a friends boat out of SP, and we put 9 in the cooler..... tougher bite yesterday... again, all harnesses but this time all off the cores..... couldn't get a rigger bite regardless of bait... Stayed south of the pack (on the fence), mostly in 50 - 55 FOW...

How long will the walleye bite out of SBH/SP last? Does it extend into August? Where do they go when the water warms?

Maybe a new thread for SBH improvements?

Fished solo out of Sturgeon Point yesterday (which was pretty quiet at 05:30). Managed 2 walleyes bottom bouncing crawlers around Myers , and then took 4 trolling out in the deep water (50+). The last of which was 9+. Lots of sheepies, silver bass, and SM Bass in the mix.....even a couple of trophy perch.

My only complaint on the launch area is it's so damn far! Gotta start driving at 3:30, and even then it's daylight when you get there!

Questions for you regulars around Buffalo......

1. While trolling out in the deep stuff, every now and the graph would show "baitfish marks" on the bottom....... are they bait or perch?

2. What do you think about Sam Reinhart as the #2 pick?

Got to give a shout out to Mike Engle.  Had to get up at 2:30 to be able to meet up with him but

it was well worth it.  Was in walleye heaven. Caught 9 and lost two. One of which would have

gone over 10 easy. You know what the bigger ones feel like. This one was taking some drag.

I will dream about that fish.  About the trip.  I had the boat and the makeshift planer board mast.

Mike brought rods, tackle, and his planer boards.  My offerings caught nothing. All the fish were

caught on his home made spinners. He had more than enough rods to fish different depths with

leadcore. We caught nothing off my downriggers.  We could see different packs of boats but Mike

made sure we stayed well away from them. We may have had two boats within a couple hundred yards all morning. We could see the windmills and the fence but kept to ourselves and landed fish.  Mike knows his stuff and it was a day I will always remember because more big walleyes came into

the boat than ever. I have fished St Lawrence many times, Oneida a couple but where we were

tops them all for big walleye.  A world class fishery and a great guy!

Edited by fbg14619

I tried to put a picture in. It did not look like it took. Sorry if it is there twice. When I pulled into the park and ride at 3:30  where I was gonna meet Mike, there was another guy with a big white Lund waiting.  Whoever he was meeting got there

before Mike and they took off. We saw them aways off out on the water.

When I got back to drop Mike at the park and ride, the guys with the white Lund pulled up behind us. Of  course we had to talk with them  They had done really well too.

post-146628-0-70139400-1405256209_thumb.jpg

Edited by fbg14619

Fished out of Sturgeon Point on Thursday am, Was a bumpy ride out headed west to the micro wave towers,

Set up and trolled with following waves back toward the point.

3D worm harnesses did the trick today. Black and Purple scale. Pulled them behind jet 10,20,30,40 and dipseys.

Most of the fish came on 20 and 30 jets and divers. Back 100 -125 feet behind small boards.

Boated 11 of 12, Best just over 10 pounds. 

I Fished SP yesterday 64 - 70 FOW...... wound up with 5 and one short. Had a hard time establishing any pattern..... but the best rig for the day was a 7 color lead core with a watermelon harness, good for 3 fish..... also took a fish on a long A bomber off the rigger (down 57), and one off a wire diver with a harness out 145.... tough bite for me. Wet day....