My biggest striped hybrid

BSmaster

Fish was caught in Tioga, PA.  The PFBC stocks them in Hammond resevoir.  If anyone is interested in fishing for them, Don from the Tackleshack in Wellsboro, PA can point you in the right direction.  He has some posts on this site.  He is very helpful and knows Tioga county very well. 

Joe

Couple weeks ago I was heading out the chute of the merrimack and the beaches were loaded with guys reef fishing for them.  Going back in July - I hope to find a charter to go get some Blues and  Stripers.  In May, I went out to the ledge for some cod/haddock.  Like Justin said.  "Can't do it all."  I would like to add "but I want to."

Joe

PS: Striper meat is twice as good as Wiper meat but similar just the same.  Also, help get the fishery back even stronger by letting all the big girls go and keeping the smaller fish instead.  That fish in my avatar was spared the knife because I believe in it.  I still took home fish that day.  Tasty fish...

BSmaster....The Merrimac... Huh! I haven't fished that sine I was a kid growing up in Boston....Just haphazardly chucking in some old rubber baits without really knowing what I was doing. Wasn't even "into" fishing then, and only spent maybe a half hour there each of twice while on the way up for day/wknd trips to N.H.,Vt or Maine. For blues and striper eating, my nod goes to bluefish, but I'll take striper if I did not have a choice.....!