Flea season is here!

I have been out on the east end and between the tree pollen and fleas my lures are getting dirty.  Fleas were barely sticking but were clumped up on my knots and a little on the 12lbs. flouro leader.

I was running 30lbs. PP braid on my main-line and nothing was sticking to it yet.

Edited by Chas0218

Chas, I have not seen any fleas out there. Only thing we are getting is the cotton wood fuzz. I don't think the water is warm enough yet for the fleas. JMHO. Lots of cotton wood out there on the temp break today. Good Luck

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'll have to get a picture for you guys next time im out. There wasnt a large amount but the acumulated around my knots and where the fluorocarbon is tied to the split rings on my stick baits.

Sent from my thinking car!

I'll have to get a picture for you guys next time im out. There wasnt a large amount but the acumulated around my knots and where the fluorocarbon is tied to the split rings on my stick baits.

Sent from my thinking car!

You should know what a sea flea looks like so if you say you had them on you knots then who am I to say you didn't. 66 degree temps isn't even close to the temps in Oswego/Mexico at the moment. If the water doesn't start to warm up soon we might not see fleas until August! Lol.

Edited by MikeyP

You should know what a sea flea looks like so if you say you had them on you knots then who am I to say you didn't. 66 degree temps isn't even close to the temps in Oswego/Mexico at the moment. If the water doesn't start to warm up soon we might not see fleas until August! Lol.

That wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. Of course this year I'm loaded for bear with Blood Run sea flea, but hey, the line fishes the same!!!

That wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. Of course this year I'm loaded for bear with Blood Run sea flea, but hey, the line fishes the same!!!

You know pap I also have the blood run and I used it last year. It works great, but I did notice that it stretches a little more than I like. Did they correct that this year? Either way I like it much better than Cortland's flea line. Cortland works fine, but I just don't like the oval shape.

You know pap I also have the blood run and I used it last year. It works great, but I did notice that it stretches a little more than I like. Did they correct that this year? Either way I like it much better than Cortland's flea line. Cortland works fine, but I just don't like the oval shape.

I don't know if they corrected this or not, as this is my first go around with this line. I bought it in March of this year.

You sure it wasn't cottonwood fluff? It has been particularly bad this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No it was fleas, although you're right there is a lot of of the cotton wood fluff out there. I was actually pulling lines every hour to clean off what collected.

Sent from my thinking chair...