Jerk in Oswego today

Anyone fishing off Oswego late morning today and hear some some jerk ask for a radio check and when he was given a loud and clear response said to the responder FU? It seems the guy must have forgot his meds today? It just befuddles me why someone would behave in this manner?

Edited by MikeyP

Hey Mike, must have from Mass. that's how they act when they come to Maine. That's why they call them Massholes. Lol.

Hey Mike, must have from Mass. that's how they act when they come to Maine. That's why they call them Massholes. Lol.

Lmao. How are you Pete? We did pretty good yesterday off Oswego. Not fishing this weekend though.

I agree that there is a lot of A$$ holes in Mass, but we are not all like that. In particular the boat owners that travel several hours (six to nine for me) to get to the Great Lake are mostly very nice people. Just saying not ****ing. :)

I agree Richard,it's not fair to generalize, there 1000's of very nice people from Mass. And I have many friends from Mass, but it's the arrogant minority that give them that reputation. Just witnessed road rage from a guy with Mass plates. :)

Yeah, we're moving to southern New Hampshire.  Not looking forward to relearning combat driving... :bandit:

No more combat driving in NH,  They slowed down because they have even more potholes there than you can find on the southern tier.

As for massholes,they are mostly from Boston. On the Turn Pike you will get fined if you move under 80mph

Edited by rolmops

No kidding.  I took a buddy of mine along on a trip to Boston a few years ago.  He picked on me here for driving like a granny - after Boston, he's afraid to ride with me!

I am a limo driver in the Boston area. I do it 5-6 days a week. It's nothing once you get the hang of it. Not for the weak of heart. Yes, I tend to drive fast. No I don't use my horn often.

I might offend some upstate NY drivers with my driving style but as far as boating goes. I blend in with all the locals in NY. Don't lump us Massholes all together, most of us are nice people. A-holes are everywhere including NY and a few on this message board.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This thread seems to have gotten off base. It was never my intention to single out any state or group of people. I agree that there are A-holes all over. I just wanted to let some people know what occurred out there in case they come across it. That A-Hole should not have said what he said over the VHF. It's not intended to be used in that manner. It really sounded pretty rude and the party on the receiving end of the comment wasn't too pleased and was told by the offender " Next time don't answer my radio check". Some have mentioned that it might have been a joke, but I tend to think that wasn't the case because I never heard the offender acknowledge such, but If it was, I don't think telling someone who was being courteous FU was very funny. Where I come from someone could get seriously hurt for talking to someone in that manner for no apparent reason.

I just looked at this tread again  and it dawned on me that we are reacting like a bunch of grumpy old farts.

Let's get some good thoughts ,happy smiles and fish in the box!!

Edited by rolmops

And I have driven on the Garden State Parkway for the first and very last time in my life.

6 lanes of 80 mph bumper/bumper manics.

I'll walk before I'll do that again.