7-15 slow morning on Otisco

Got out this morning early with Dennis (dj717) and I really failed to get anything going. This whole weekend kicked my butt. Temps are still all over...had up to a 14 degree temp range down 30. ..58 to 72. No doubt a probe helps overall, but im chasing my tail with it lately. We ended up with 1 little eye 17.75 and several browns. We had 6 empty releases and 2 drops. I couldnt get the eyes to commit. I had a good time overall, but wished I coulda given Dennis a better trip. Thanks for the smoked lake trout and fresh zuccini Dennis we will get some filets next time!

Edited by justtracytrolling

Everybody has their days and off days Justin but you certainly have fewer off days than most folks for sure and are as good as anyone I've ever seen with the walleyes especially. My hunch is that nobody would have gotten into them if you didn't.  I know many folks have almost a "Godly" respect of and "worship" of the temp meters but there are days when none of the technology helps and folks think they might be doing something "wrong" but that very well may not be the case. Sometimes these fish are turned off for whatever reason and absolutely nothing will provoke them to bite...all part of the game I guess, and there are other times when returning to "basics" and relying less on the technology can help. Anyone who thinks they have these fish totally figured out all the time is delusional :lol: .

Thanks man, but like we said its hard to beat the full moon and crazy temps.  I had a fun time, we will fill the freezer sometime :yes:  Dave and I are headed to Ontario Thursday and Friday to make up for missing out on Erie, hopefully get some KINGS for the freezer :) 

Thanks guys!

Consistancy is the name of the game and I expect the occaisional off trip, but man it was windy, and cloudy...ideal walleye weather.   Plus the short hits makes me think we should have been able catch.  We certainly tried a variety of speeds from 1.5 to 3.5.  The good the thing is if I cant catch it fuels me to fish harder and if im catching it fuels me to go as often as possible...so either way Ill be back at it friday hard.  Just when you think you are getting it figured out walleye fishing often will show you just how little you know...thats why they dont call it bass fishing! :)

Les,

Today was definitely a day technology got in the way of fishing...but ill learn to make that fishhawk put more in livewell than it takes out!  Might turn it off now and then too......