Re-Rigging Trolling Flies

Just started using Spin Doctors and trolling flies about a month ago and I must say “Why did I wait so longâ€.  Attached is a photo of two types of trolling flies that I have been using.  Last night I was looking over a couple of flies and I noticed that the leaders are starting to get a few rough spots in the leader materials and I think I need to replace them.  The Dreamweaver Strong Fly shown to the left in the photo will be easy to replace because it is just a straight piece of fluorocarbon material to the treble hook however, the other fly (A-TOM-MIK) is connected to two hooks.  Does anyone know if someone has done a video of how to tie the A-TOM-MIK rig so they are back to the original configuration or can someone explain it to me so I can fix these flies?  Also, what is the benefit of the A-TOM-MIK fly rig with two hooks over the single treble hook used by the Dreamweaver Strong Fly?  Both flies have worked very well for me just wondering why the difference and how to fix these leaders?  Thank you for your time.

I've gone back to 50 lb mono (Big Game) for flies after breaks with the commercially tied fluoro flies without noting any difference in hits etc. even on the Finger Lakes....and I tie my own flies now

I've also gotten away from using the single hook above the treble....unnecessary and snags more easily in the net

post-145411-0-86609300-1409570834_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-59586300-1409570940_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Palomar knot for the treble, snell the beak hook on, we use a fly tying vise to accomplish the snell. Be sure to cinch up the palomar tight, as the heavy fluorocarbon will slip if you leave it loose. We retie on the boat when we see any fraying in the line.

Edited by Iceman