9/8 fishing out of sodus

Nice going today Admiral and crew.  With 6 rods out we couldn't buy a bite today not just a skunk but "no hits no runs no errors and all fish left on base"  :lol: On the other hand it was a beautiful sunrise this morning

post-145411-0-70706800-1410214043_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

It wa a slow day also for me.Three browns and six other hits,Im sure some of them were salmon the way they moved to the surface so fast.I had most luck with blue dolphin mag,green and white prochip along with a blue flt took a nice brown.Again I had several hits on the #3 green and silver with rattle J plug.Caught two browns on it today.

I would have liked to use my jplugs in a school.3 downriggers and stacked lines at various depth.The only problem is the lack of bait where I fish.Sounds like the bait has moved east towards sodus.

I did see many lakers which are always so accomodating,lol

Well hope to get out tomorrow afternoon,VA appoinment at noon.

Afternoons have outproduced mornings for me anyways.

It definetly was SLOW. one 10# adult male salmon, one small rainbow, one small brown (down 120'), another nice rainbow that  jumped 4X and broke the leader without tripping (barely wiggled the rod) the release. Had 3 or 4 other grabs on the flasher / fly. That was a strange blip on the Furuno - never had that before. All fish came deep, previous week end we caught more out of temp than in.

Bob

I couldn't get out with my brother out of Irondequoit with the wind on the weekend, but my mom joined me for her first time on the lake out of sodus this morning.

We set up in about 100' at 7:30 and marked a couple waypoints with some fish but couldn't get them to go. I ran one dipsy with f/f but nothing on that.

Ran spoons with free sliders on two riggers, and after switching out spoons, caught our only fish, an 18 lb. King. Hit a pro king Magnum with 107 ft. Of cable out. That was it, one hit , but at least we landed it. Boats seemed to mostly in search mode once we got there. Did mark the occasional big fish down 90-120, but few and far between. Fished between 100 and 190 fow.

Snapped my d ipsy wire when twitching it to shake the fleas off and watched my gear slowly sink. Very fortunately snagged by my riggers line and saved the $30 in gear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-143269-14102218668433_thumb.jpg

I fished quite a few times in the last week or so between Hughes and Sodus. I marked lots of bait pods. Most were 30-70 ft down. Between 150-300 ft. The first few trips my riggers were parked at 90, 100 and 130. The last 2 I was fishing down 50-100. A mix of spoons and flasher/flies. Some days they wanted one over the other. Green/glow color schemes on the flashers/flies. Spoons were mag moonshine super glow down deep. Carbon 14 and happy meal. Upper part of the water column Stingray NBK. And Stingray UV. I had at least one rigger stacked with flasher/fly close to the ball and spoon stacked above a little further back. 500 copper with a spoon fired a lot when they were deeper. Maybe the blow over the weekend stirred things up?!