Planner board releases

I run clippers for flatlines and Scotty power grips for coppers and cores. I run the small ones for cores and coppers under 300' with spoons and the big ones for long coppers or coppers with flasher/flies

Thanks ,anyone use the Off Shore releases?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Yes - they work great. Get the mediums for mono on planers and the heavy ones for 3/5/7 color lead cores. I use the large Scotty power grips for ten color cores and copper.

Good luck,

Chris

I use offshore releases exclusively as I've found them to be the most reliable and repeatable and I like that they're smaller in size for storage.  Yellow offshores for Walleye/Browns flatlining sticks/spoons and short cores (3,4,5,6).  I use the Medium (Black) and Heavy (Orange) offshores for full cores and 300-500 copper.

I use a Weldon pad release attached with a stainless split ring to a "dog snap" (no PIA shower ring). The pads hold great and I am a nut for metal anything over plastic. The dog snaps are heavy so they slide down the planer line easy. The heavy snap "show" small browns and cohos that are too small to pull the line out of the release. The snaps make it true one-handed endeavor which speeds up the process of setting out a line with cold hands.

images3_zps8749ccee.jpg

Hind-Sight-II1_zps1f80d411.jpg