Round vs. Low pro reel

I'm getting ready to add a few reels for my heavy casting/ jigging setups and I was wondering if this was more a preference thing, or the low pros get to a certain point where you are better off going to a round reel? I don't care either way. I just want to make sure I'm benefiting from what I buy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I can certainly see where your hand would kind of mold to a low pro, where ass the round reels are more bulky. But, it seems as though with the round reel being wider, it would give you more room with gloves on for line control. Maybe I'm thinking the wrong way.

Thank you for your reply!

Its mostly about the ergonomics...the low profile is easier to cast all day because it fits better in your hand. The line capacities are lower but you really don't need a full spool of line for casting.  This is why there are really no low profile trolling reels.

I've noticed that. Thanks for bringing that up. I think I'm going to get both. I'll try the higher gear low pro for burning buck tails and the round for my heavier baits and adjust from there.

I can certainly see where your hand would kind of mold to a low pro, where ass the round reels are more bulky. But, it seems as though with the round reel being wider, it would give you more room with gloves on for line control. Maybe I'm thinking the wrong way.

Thank you for your reply!

Funny, your misspelling of as made it through without censoring. I'm not sure if it was here or another site, my last name Glassic got censored because it has that word in it. It was replaced with X's.

About reels. If you do any jigging in the Niagara or the Larry, it is better to go with round so if you get hung on bottom, you don't run out of line before you can get the boat headed upstream to retrieve it.

Edited by muskiedreams