Finally put it all together on Oneida Today

HOOKEM & COOKEM

Well east winds on Oneida have always been my nemesis but that changed today big time. I guess I just needed 20mph east winds, a driving rain, and 4ft waves to get it done😄 Had a plan and stuck to it, boated over 20 eyes today. Weighed in a limit for the tourney today, biggest was 23" 3lb, and the others weren't far behind him. Finished 3rd and finally cashed, couldn't be happier. We earned it in that weather!

post-142983-0-19102700-1435542028_thumb.jpg

Congrats to your slammer day!!! That was more that a walleye chop you had to fish in but it paid off!!! Nicely done H&C'em the one year we were 1 shy of a 3 man ticket it was a wind driven rain day with waves breaking over the bow, looking back you almost needed a few screws loose to be out there to begin with, matter a fact we noticed this bigger white boat getting closer and closer till we noticed it was the Coast Guard in their big Grady White. First they asked if we were alright second they wanted to see our fish, the one Guard was amazed with our catch, then they advised us to head in as there was a small craft advisory in effect so we never got our limit. It was the smart thing to do, get off the water that is.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words guys. It felt so good to finally execute a plan and come through with results. Although I don't always have the kind of time to fish that I would like (between kids & sports, working 2 jobs and everything else that happens in life) I know I have the equipment to get it done and this outing gave me a huge confidence boost that I can get it done as well. ðŸ‘ðŸºðŸº